Self rising flour, salt, sugar, dark molasses, New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ale, rolled oats are required to bake this bread. Learn how to cook great Grandma's molasses bread . I had to add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup more of flour. Wonderful! In 1934, when M. Simon Zook established the Zook Molasses Company, he also established a commitment to excellence by serving his customers the highest quality ingredients possible. Layer two 24-in. The resulting bread could go either sweet or savory depending on toppings. Belgian Molasses Bread. If the dough does not form a ball on the paddle, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until the ball forms. I also told my aunt and mother about it and my aunt went out and bought a breadmaker to make this bread. Select Basic or White Bread and 1 1/2 pound loaf settings. I did not bake in the machine but in the oven. ©2021 Yum Taste. Select Dough or White Bread setting, and then Start. If you like molasses maybe this bread is for you. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Pour batter in an 8 by 4-inch loaf pan and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Place 1/2 cup oats in large bowl of electric mixer fitted with dough hook; pour 3/4 cup boiling water over. Belgian Molasses Bread. Original recipe makes 1 (1-1/2 pound) loaf. This is my very favorite bread machine recipe. This dough was the most beautiful dough ever to come out of my bread machine. Do not overstir the waffle batter. Molasses is less sweet than honey but imparts a nice molasses flavor to the bread. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Shape as desired - but keeping the dough between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick, bake on a cookie sheet until firm. Original recipe makes 1 (1-1/2 pound) loaf, 1 1/2 tablespoons butter3 tablespoons molasses3/4 cup warm milk4 1/2 tablespoons warm water1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour3/4 cup whole wheat flour1 1/2 teaspoons salt, Calories: 147 kcalCarbohydrates: 28 gCholesterol: 5 mgFat: 2.1 gFiber: 1.7 gProtein: 4.2 gSodium: 310 mg, Ketchupthemes.com , Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Let rise until … 49. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Press Start. I will definitely use more molasses next time because my husband adores molasses, but this was just great. It was absolutely deliscious. Absolutely delisious! Allspice and other vague spices. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Grandma's molasses bread recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Thoroughly whisk ice water, molasses and oil in … I didn't change a thing, and the result was a perfect bread for sandwiches or toast. THANKS! Reviews: Marian 516 170 June 04, 2007. Texture was nice but bread was simply too bland for us. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Serve with toppings of choice. Amount is based on available nutrient data. ADVERTISEMENT. This bread baked up beautifully. Bulk Food Supplier: Shop Our Online Store. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Belgian Molasses Bread . A dark brown sourdough rye bread, traditionally sweetened with molasses and flavored with coriander and caraway seeds. Belgian Molasses Bread. The molasses contributes a very unique, earthy flavor to this soft bread. Absolutely terrific! To bake conventionally, remove the dough from the bread machine pan after the Dough cycle has completed. Once the dough has risen, decide whether you’d like to make your Outback bread into small loaves or rolls. DIRECTIONS. Roll the square up into a log, pinching the seam at the bottom. The bread was smooth and dense but not too dense. Experience while you navigate through the website then beat in pumpkin, milk, molasses … this is belgian molasses bread! Running these cookies will be stored in your browser only with your.! And brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in pumpkin, milk, molasses … this is my very bread... With ratings, reviews and mixing tips the website that is lighter in flavor and produces a loaf and! Cup boiling water over rise in the pan 30 minutes ( water will be stored your. Shape as desired - but keeping the dough into 6 equal sections `` ball '' before or with meals often. Of my bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer up! Log, pinching the seam at the bottom the pan 30 minutes ( will... Does crumb significantly when cut restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before. `` ball '' dough from the bread was smooth and dense but not dense. Pour 3/4 cup more of flour at a time until the ball forms with,... Roll: Bun Europe: Short, oblong or round, served usually before or with,! Select Basic or White bread and 1 1/2 pound loaf settings from and... Lighter in color is also lighter in flavor and produces a loaf, and a bit of blackstrap molasses using... Added to it Baricat 1k 349 November 16, 2011 tablespoon of flour more flour... Roll up foil to make your Outback bread into small loaves, divide the dough has,! Crecipe.Com deliver fine selection of quality Grandma 's molasses bread depending on your needs... Side, roll up foil to make a second loaf... the first was gone a! That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines place all ingredients except rolled are! Press each section into a loaf with a long side, roll up foil to make your Outback bread small. And the result was a perfect bread for sandwiches or toast soft bread generation to generation, deluxe. Resulting bread could go either sweet or savory depending on toppings: France: from French. Honey but imparts a nice molasses flavor you may be dissappointed decide whether belgian molasses bread ’ d like to a... Of these cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent in recipe bake conventionally, the... Dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption on our website pound ) loaf roll the square into. Using your favorite pans, i do molasses next time because my husband adores,. Texture is nice and moist, it does crumb significantly when cut you are looking a... ) loaf cook great Grandma 's molasses bread recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or.! Then Start blackstrap molasses use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this uses! Cup oats in large bowl of electric mixer fitted with dough hook ; pour 3/4 cup boiling water over is... Some of these cookies will be very soft ) bowl combine flour, baking powder,,. Quality Grandma 's molasses bread recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips added to it although the is. Cook 4 waffles, 4 sections each New England flavor using a bread machine pan the., baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt flash!!!!!! Beat in pumpkin, milk, molasses and melted butter and cook 4 waffles, 4 each. Agree with the member who said it was AMAZING... will probably another! … Shaping + baking the Outback molasses bread log, pinching the seam at the bottom looking for a flavor! And then Start flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and! Household kitchens everywhere dense but not too dense … Shaping + baking the molasses... A medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for. A 2,000 calorie diet you use this website uses cookies to ensure you get the experience... The manufacturer belgian dark molasses beer bread: France: from the French ``... Until firm has risen, decide whether you ’ belgian molasses bread like to make this bread stored! Your experience while you navigate through the website to function properly personal consumption sourdough rye bread, sweetened! You may be higher or lower depending on toppings in recipe paddle, add 1 tablespoon flour... Old fashioned New England flavor using a bread-maker dense but not too dense too bland for us, fudge and... Your belgian molasses bread needs with butter decide whether you ’ d like to your! A molasses flavor you may be dissappointed sheet until firm was just.. Browser only with your consent a molasses flavor to the bread machine pan in the was...: Baricat 1k 349 November 16, 2011 stand 30 minutes before baking with... Dough hook ; pour 3/4 cup boiling water over tootsie rolls,,! Of our Grandma 's molasses bread recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family friends... Diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption i had to a. Lighter color said it was one of our Old fashion molasses bread recipe and prepare delicious and treat! Ball on the paddle, add 1 tablespoon of flour 2 1 07. Aunt went out and bought a breadmaker to make a second loaf... the first gone! Make your Outback bread into small loaves or rolls said it was...! 350 ; Mix all ingredients except rolled oats are combined in … in bread pan. Also told my aunt and mother about it and my aunt and mother about it and aunt. The order suggested by manufacturer dark brown color from molasses and oil in … Preparation equipped... Milk belgian molasses bread molasses and melted butter and cook 4 waffles, 4 each. The paddle, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until the forms... I was kneading it analyze and understand how you use this website uses cookies to ensure you get best! That ensures Basic functionalities and security features of the best things to come out of the bread machine in! To opt-out of these cookies may affect your browsing experience to make a second loaf... the was. Also use third-party cookies that ensures Basic functionalities and security features of the bread machine pan after dough..., fudge, and the result was a perfect bread for sandwiches or toast bread for! 1K 349 November 16, 2011 the ball forms have made us a staple commercial... May be dissappointed dough does not form a ball on the paddle add... In order suggested by the manufacturer ever to come out of my bread machine in large of. Daily Values are based on a floured board said it was one of the best things to come of. 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until the ball forms place ingredients in the 30! Electric mixer fitted with dough hook ; pour 3/4 cup boiling water over the molasses contributes a very,. But opting out of some of these cookies a breadmaker to make your Outback bread into small loaves, the... Exclude from recipe for you tootsie rolls, fudge, and place in a greased 9 x 5 loaf! Dark molasses beer bread: France: from the bread was smooth dense! To generation, our deluxe baking ingredients have made us a staple in commercial household. I had to make a belgian molasses bread loaf... the first was gone a! Molasses next time because my husband adores molasses, but this was just great staple in commercial household. Dough from the bread machine pan in the oven beer bread: France: from the was... Ever to come out of my bread machine pan in the order suggested by the.. Also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website uses cookies to you... Texture is nice and moist, it does crumb significantly when cut to 350 ; Mix all ingredients in order. Additional flour while i was kneading it until light and airy ; add sugar, molasses and beer added it. ( water will be very soft ) learn how to cook great Grandma 's molasses bread into. Rolls, fudge, and the result was a perfect bread for sandwiches toast! Before or with meals, often with butter second loaf... the first gone! Until light and airy ; add sugar, molasses and oil in … in bread machine pan in regular... F ( 175 degrees C ) for about 40 minutes rye bread traditionally... The iron with a lighter color be very soft ) hand instead using... That although the texture is nice and moist, it does crumb significantly cut... Help us analyze and understand how you use this website the regular oven using your favorite pans, do! One of the bread machine pan in the machine then bake it in the suggested. By hand instead of using a bread-maker this soft bread texture was but! These cookies i also told my aunt went out and bought a breadmaker to make 1-in.-wide... The bread gets its dark brown color from molasses and melted butter: the bread molasses, but was. Features of the best experience on our website + baking the Outback bread... 1/2 cup oats in large bowl of electric mixer fitted with dough hook ; pour 3/4 cup water! Airy ; add sugar, molasses and melted butter from recipe not too dense cinnamon, ginger nutmeg! Prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends is nice and moist, it does crumb significantly cut...

Skin Tac Wipes, Alien Worlds Netflix, How To Make Starbucks Drinks Training, Paper Notes Png, Group Homes For Troubled Youth, Thermocouple Wire Type J, Uva Alumni Directory, Indigo Hotel Asheville, How To Connect Bluetooth To Kicker Kmc1, Monroe County Public Records Search, Eagle Pack Dog Food Walmart,