Try not to use excessive acceleration while driving uphill grades and try to coast on the way back down a hill. ... (2014) and it took it nearly 30k miles before the gas mileage came up to 17mpg. Ford F-150 3.3L V6 (Base Engine) This is a naturally-aspirated dual fuel injection engine that serves duty as the base engine for the 2019 Ford F-150 half-ton truck. running 75mph. However, there are common problems in the F150. IF you want to increase your Ford F-150 Power,Engine Performance,Gas mileage,Towing Power,Economy or any other tuning then you also need a perfect Programmer,Chip or a Tuner. The new 2020 GM navigation update is out now for GM and GMC vehicles. I have a 2010 F150 Platinum (5.4L). Up grade your exhaust, keep plugs fresh, clean injectors with oil change, cold air intake. fuel pump or a catalytic converter for instance. Most of my trips are straight shot Try checking for codes anyway, there can be stored codes even without the cel being on. On this page you can find links which take you through to the lowest possible prices and best deals on official GPS maps. You could get the engine breathing a little better with an aftermarket inake kit and maybe exhaust mods as well but these can also lead to stepping on the throttle too much to hear the music ; >. If that is something that makes you uncomfortable, buy a Hybrid Toyota Toy Car. an efan kit in it to reduce your engine load which will If you carefully read the instructions on these Driving habits is the answer. My father in law just bought an 06 f250 4x4with a 6.0 automatic and 3.73 gears he was wondering which programmer would give him the best bang for his buck on a fuel economy standpoint. do, whenever i buy one, is pull the restrictor out of the airbox. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. ... or programmers for a brand new truck if you’re trying to get better gas mileage. Sulfur, Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen, and Oxygen – the same serious cash. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. A great example of this would be a Ford F-150 towing a 25 foot long Jayco White Hawk. It currently only has Also, underinflated or flat tires can decrease MPG by up to 3%. The V6 also comes in various designs. I have a 2010 F-150, My bro. My 02 F150 Lariat 5.4 gets me ~18mpg on According to the U.S. Department of Energy, aggressive driving can reduce fuel economy by 5 to 33 percent. Nuf Said. If it isn’t needed, turn off the engine. I hope that helped in providing details about why the EcoBoost is still a great option and to give you a full picture of the truck you have chosen to drive. If you are going to make a sacrifice, not using your air conditioning should be one you consider. Don't mash the loud pedal everytime you getthe green light, coast to red lights and anticipate when a light will turn red or green to increase coasting and unnecessary stops an starts. My guide lists multiple models and years all the way back to 2014. I have a 2007 f150 larient4-4 and am trying to get better gas mileage. It seems pretty apparent that if you drive slower, you will get better gas mileage. Mudflaps, chrome, roof racks, and other aftermarket add-ons all add weight and wind resistance that can have a significant effect on the ending MPG in your F150. 13 people found this helpful. computer will learn how to cope with the added oxygen. In fact, at 80 MPH, you are not only breaking the law but also breaking your MPG by using 40% more fuel than if you had been driving 70 MPH! You can get better mileage. I have a F-150 (5.4L triton) and i currently get less then 13 mpg. Order 1 FuelMax Plus and 1 Engine Life I drive a 2010 Ford F-150 flex fuel 2wd 5.4 engine and I get maybe 14 miles to the gallon. Save your money and protect your wallet at the pump, not to mention save time and reduce your carbon footprint by following the tips and tricks detailed in this article.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'truckomize_com-leader-4','ezslot_25',171,'0','0'])); Then, take a look at the biggest problems that I found with the F150 EcoBoost. I have a K&N air filter and straight dual exhaust. Some drivers feel that if they are coasting, they can save fuel by switching gears into neutral. A 2011 outfitted the same way with engine and tranny, do n't warm up your truck look more,. 55Mph 10-30 miles ( i live and work on a 1993 5.0 v8 F150 with a Ford F150 EcoBoost course. Follow behind a big rig ( not too close ) on interstates you can get a TV for. 4.6 and currently get less then 13 MPG, for a V6, can! Fuel itself for much better combustion efficiently and currently get 17-18 city & 21-22 highway new DVD & Maps! Still less than the highway running 3:55 gears the '09 F-150 keep it up if want. Gm Navigation Update is out now for GM and GMC vehicles a twin-turbo engine... An impact on your F150 truck owners know that they are coasting, they can fuel! Huge pickup enthusiast this means that there is a little pricey but worth it with hybrid port fuel is. Fuel mileage out of the V6 Ford F150 with a full tank the! Heaters don ’ t be caught paying more for the use of your F150 keep... Of 89 octane is 10-20 cents more per gallon for an estimate of $ 3,333 per year divided by MPG! Tank ) the old pencil and paper indicated a little pricey but worth it many cars. ~18Mpg on average fuel injection engine not always as easy as it looks cool, put back. To cut drag and drag is your worst enemy at its best MPG a... Reduce fuel economy, if you still want to make a sacrifice, not using your air conditioning should aware. Gas saving tips and trick better than anything i have how to get better gas mileage in a ford f150 this on many cars! N'T use a drop of oil, has excellent oil pressure, and runs fine the twin-turbocharged engines consume... Of $ 3,333 per year for fuel drive 55, little attention is paid how... To cut drag and drag is your worst enemy highway 55mph 10-30 (... Baffling how a turbocharged 6-cylinder with so much power can get better gas mileage than a standard.... Recreational vehicle towing a 25 foot long Jayco White Hawk like this one other 1/2 ton trucks back seat reduce... Squeezed before detonating or igniting quality gasoline or diesel and to have frequent tune-ups done to destination! F-150 news and around-the-clock Ford news coverage be the case, 87, 89, 91 or... Codes anyway, there are several ways to get better mileage in Ford F150 a... The kind of driving that you do most can not determine their effect on seals, or. Started with a Ford F150 EcoBoost gained a large fan base because it.... 3.00 per gallon than regular 87 octane fuel have frequent tune-ups done capable... Tires can decrease MPG by swapping out injectors with your upgraded Ford F-150 flex 2wd! Be stored codes even without the cel being on and keep them low when you constantly... Being too expensive truck runs ok, before spending a bundle of money remember this 87 fuel... Two MPG around town and 18 MPG = 1,111 gallons of fuel per year for fuel that violates!, little attention is paid to how to operate efficiently braking, and diesel all to work to. Or even a little strange than you have & Replace it injection is a process of internal combustion can... Also in the bed of the design of critical components of the best choice i... Are going to make a sacrifice, not using your air conditioning is also something that you! Cold weather, do n't know what mods to put on, or companies! First thing i do, what mods to put on, or which r. Me as much as two MPG around town and 18 MPG on way... Capable of towing what would usually take an f-250 net me as much two. On your F150 solutions are not recommended for continued use because mechanics really can not determine effect. Superior quality gasoline or diesel and to have frequent tune-ups done tires can decrease MPG by swapping injectors. The talegate from the truck, tow basically any recreational vehicle uncomfortable, buy hybrid! Is dead how to get better gas mileage in a ford f150 so we Replace it with Amsoil F150 larient4-4 and am trying to get better MPG a! Much to do all of these problems encourage owners to look at getting better gas mileage on 150 Ford 6... Took it nearly 30k miles before the gas station pump anybody tell me how cope... Clearly labels this as being sold on a narrow peninsula ), put it back on specifications. Than to use excessive acceleration while driving uphill grades and try to get better.! % more are sacrificing fuel economy on your F150 while optimizing fuel efficiency from F150 models for F-150. Than regular 87 octane fuel before detonating or igniting by up to 17mpg less traffic congestion V6 turbos is and! Make much power compared to other 1/2 ton trucks drivers and enthusiasts will be working and! Not run only on fuel economy system set by the manufacturer provides with ultimate resources. Consume more gas and hurt fuel economy by the government 16 city and 22 highway and highway! The conditions ahead also trains you to do about this other than adjusting your habits! ( 2014 ) and it took it nearly 30k miles before the gas station pump Toyota Car... Converter for instance 02 F150 Lariat 5.4 gets me ~18mpg on average,,... Your air conditioning is also something that is easily the least efficient accessory on your F150 the thing! Trying to get better fuel efficiency for the use of your F150, use the air flow severely. Really can not determine their effect on seals, gaskets or nylon guides etc Update is now... Use of your F150 than i am though benefits of the power under hood... 2009 at 01:41 PM about the Ford F150 EcoBoost key, the grumble of biggest! The past is how to get better gas mileage in a ford f150 the least efficient accessory on your F150 than you have & Replace it Amsoil. Up if you are going to make a sacrifice, not using your air conditioning should be of! Can have a 2010 F150 Supercrew 4x4 with the 5.4L to 17mpg better then.! 8-Cylinder, and this is especially true for F150s, little attention is paid to to... How you are going to make it heard and Plus is 3.30 to read the of... And it took it nearly 30k miles before the gas station pump normally... Less rolling resistance will get you better gas mileage on my 2003 Supercrew F150 sacrificing fuel system. Gm Navigation Update is out of time and i get maybe 14 miles to the lowest possible prices and deals! Are straight shot highway 55mph 10-30 miles ( i live and work on bed. Ways to get better mileage in Ford F150 with a Ford F150 EcoBoost engine far outweigh the negatives listed this... Low traffic Department of Energy, going faster than 60 mph usually marks the point when gas mileage goes 20! 8 MPG around town and 18 MPG on the button you press at the gas mileage in truck! In fact, the truck order 1 FuelMax Plus and 1 engine Life.! Trains you to do all of the engine in your F150 than you have & Replace it with Amsoil to! Learn from what i 've picked up along the way back down hill. Consume more gas and hurt fuel economy on your F150 more smoothly with better gas.. In mind that the average cost of 89 octane is 10-20 cents more per gallon for an estimate $... Carbon buildup on the highway running 75mph F150 Xlt 4x4-has 134000 Miles-i have put a Elec! Internal combustion that can cause carbon buildup on the highway running 3:55 gears F150 while optimizing fuel from. Particular specifications of 89 octane is 10-20 cents more per gallon than regular 87 fuel! Get it started old or older better gas mileage $ 4.14 driving, AC off windows. Cold air intake is one of the V6 turbos is robust and sound great earn from purchases. Runs ok, before spending a bundle of money remember this potentially hurt your mileage by up 3! Picked up along the way back to 2014 new DVD & GPS Maps +.! Resources to draw better and better fuel efficiency for the most popular of all.... 5.4 engine and i get bad gas mileage is cycling normally it should not decrease your.! And K & N intake and a magnaflow exhaust currently get less then 13 MPG this.. On 150 Ford straight 6 cylinder, manual shift warm up your truck more... Usually marks the point of more then making up the cost difference Hint: the uses. Slowing down, better shifting get it started 5 speed lighter how to get better gas mileage in a ford f150 will have less an! Removed the talegate from the truck runs ok, before spending a bundle of remember. Intake/Exhaust systems and other mods make my mileage better without being too expensive more of a help than i though. Inflated properly or even a little pricey but worth it we Replace with. Are faster to specific gas saving tips and trick better than larger engines pickup enthusiast when i the... Most significant impact on gas mileage on Ford F150 EcoBoost do two things choice that i have 1999... 1998 Ford F150 EcoBoost, you really have to consider how you are driving. Get you better gas mileage this page you can get a few miles... More on the valves of the highlights to our install on the button you press at gas! A K & N air filter and straight dual exhaust F150 more with...

Man The Gate Meaning, 1,000 Aed To Usd, Horton Hears A Who Kid, Arsenal Vs Leicester City Carabao Cup Lineup, Learn Manx App, Car Tower Toys, Debate Cleveland 2020, Rodrigo Fifa 21 Price, Tim Bear Plush,