If you're seeking low-income housing in Augusta, search our site to find the best deals you find affordable. It is located at 188 Eastern Ave in Augusta, Maine. Some of these lists can take years until you can be called for openings. Maine State Housing Authority Augusta. Download the latest Income Eligibility and Rent in HUD Rental Report, Low Income Housing is the premiere online resource of affordable housing options. If you do not have transportation or live out of the area, please send a letter to the above address, indicating exactly what has changed whether you are adding a child to your application or need to change your … Fair Market Rents are used by HUD to establish payment and rent standards for federal rental assistance programs like the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program. Kennebec County ordinances establish Public Housing Authorities, and the local legislative body appoints the Augusta Housing Board. NEW RULE: Housing Component of Comprehensive Plans . Augusta, ME - 04330. 50% $627 Tenants of income based apartments typically pay no more than 30% of their income towards rent and utilities. MoCo Housing 46 Middle St, Augusta, ME, 04330 Low Income-Affordable Call for Pricing (866) 984-3845 Rental assistance is a type of housing subsidy that pays for a portion of a renter’s monthly housing costs, including rent and tenant paid utilities. Choose from the links below to find an apartment in Maine. Search for city in Maine. This senior care facility is located at 25 Ridge Rd. Augusta, ME 04330 (207) 626-2357 . Many of these households are severely cost burdened, spending more than half of their income on housing. Search for Maine low income apartments by using our state search below. We provide current apartment rates on many listing pages. 26 Edison Drive, Augusta ME 04330 (800) 452-4668 \ (207) 626-4600 Fax (207) 626-4678 \ Maine Relay 711 Units that are provided by Maine public housing provide a large variety of living arrangements, from single family houses to apartments with care for elderly people. In Augusta, a household making less than $2,260 a month would be considered overburdened when renting an apartment at or above the median rent. Exceptional Value. Call the apartments directly if they have openings or open waiting lists. Maine's local government has set aside financial assistance for residents with no or low-income. Below is the listing of 8 affordable apartments and low-income housing in Auburn, ME. % M.I. Augusta, ME - 04333, 45 New England Rd Current Status: ... the best rental deals with detailed information on all types of affordable … Please contact Maine State Housing Authority at, (207) 626-4600 for more information about … Rent is 30% of adjusted gross annual income. Augusta, ME - 04330. Apartment Finder’s pricing … On the one hand, psychological attachment, including intergenerational issues, could certainly be a factor here. Augusta, ME - 04330, 36 Townsend St There are 16 low income housing apartment communities offering 833 affordable apartments for rent in Augusta, Maine. Below is the listing of 4 affordable apartments and low-income housing in Richmond, ME. Gardiner features 24 low income apartments with rental assistance where households typically pay no more than 30% of their income towards rent. Public Housing Housing Authority of the City of Augusta, Georgia Public housing was established through the U.S. Housing Act of 1937 to provide decent and safe rental housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities. Maine State Housing Authority is located at 353 Water Street, Augusta, ME, 04330 and serves the city of Augusta. The AMI is calculated and published each year by HUD. This certainly applies to dormatories and on-campus housing which helps students cut costs and save money. I am behind 3k on rent. Listing Location: 16.58 miles from Augusta Housing Authority, Low Income Affordable Housing, Public Housing View Full Listing Details. Augusta, ME - 04330, 38 Townsend St An Augusta, ME - 04330, 46 Middle St And The housing choice voucher program is the federal government's major program for assisting very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. In Augusta, HUD calculates the Area Median Income for a family of four as $77,700. On average, Section 8 Housing Choice vouchers pay Augusta landlords $700 per month towards rent. Named in honor of one of Maine’s most beloved senators, the facility features on-site resident service coordination and a variety of social and educational activities. Contact Phone: (207) 623-1112. The housing choice voucher program is the federal government's major program for assisting very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. Bangor Housing Authority will receive $63,709. Please contact Maine State Housing Authority at, (207) 626-4600 for more information about coverage area and program availability. Housing choice vouchers, BRAP and other subsidies accepted. Augusta, ME - 04330, 7 Ridge Rd The average voucher holder contributes $300 towards rent in Augusta. For information on reduced-cost housing for veterans, and a special loan program from the Maine State Housing Authority, please click on the map below to search all of our Housing and Homeless programs on our Resources Page. Rent is based on 30% of your adjusted income . According to our records, Orchard Hill Apartments provides Low Income-Affordable to seniors in Augusta, ME. Do you even need a car to drive for Uber? These definitions are minimum qualifications. FY' 2005-2006 MSHA State Plan: Low Income Energy Assistance Program. 60% $530 ... 4 Hope Way Affordable Rentals >> Maine Housing and Apartments >> Auburn Apartments for Rent Low Income Housing and Subsidized Apartments in Auburn, ME. Income limits, fair market rents and rent rates vary with each agency. Bridging Rental Assistance Program (BRAP) – Provides two years of rental assistance to assist people with mental illness until a participant receives a Section 8 Voucher. 2 Wks. Augusta, ME - 04330, 82 Glenridge Drive Augusta, ME - 04330, 25 Ridge Rd And ... Low Income-Affordable: Low Income senior housing … Contact Phone: (207) 622-4908. But alternatively, there may be an inadequate supply of less expensive, smaller dwellings within the same … What are housing choice vouchers? Median Income The program helps families, particularly those that include seniors and/or people with disabilities, find low income housing in the private market. RENT: Reduced rents for 36 apartments, set at the 50% of the Area Median Income for Kennebec County; Minimum income approximately $18,000/yr, up to income limit for household size - or - housing choice vouchers, BRAP and other subsidies. Kennebec County ordinances establish Public Housing Authorities, and the local legislative body appoints the Augusta Housing Board. You can find out where Augusta is located with the map of Augusta, ME below. Augusta, ME - 04330. Augusta, ME - 04330. Augusta is a city in Kennebec County, Maine with a population of 18,772. We are still doing eviction info sessions in December! Augusta, ME - 04330, 353 Water Street … If you're seeking low-income housing in Augusta, search our site to find the best deals you find affordable. The city's average household income is $40,000 ($23,000 per person), in comparison to the average of $47,000 for the whole of Maine. Based Rent On average, Section 8 Housing Choice vouchers pay Augusta landlords $700 per month towards rent. Sourced from federal housing data and AffordableHousingOnline.com research. There are 25 low income housing complexes in Augusta, Maine. Income limits, fair market rents and rent rates vary with each agency. 33 Union Street . I have a very good background, but I am finding it impossible to find any type of suitable housing due to the required 2 to 3 times the income to secure a home. Maine Housing Authority posts a listing, by county, of all subsidized housing in the state (but does not include FMHA-subsidized rentals). Complaints of discrimination may be filed with HUD by contacting the Office of Fair Housing at 1 … Phone #: (888) 595-9061 Scroll down the page to get to the county-by-county listings. There are 8,538 households in the city with an average household size of 2.10 persons. Eight Social Security Field Offices in Maine provide in-person service and are listed on the Social Security Administration, Boston Region website . Chateau Cushnoc - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Elderly ) Location: Augusta, ME - 04330-3990. Augusta Housing Authority . Maine records indicate its license number as PNC2326. 81 Church Hill Road Leeds, ME - 04263 207-524-5095 Listing Location: 17.96 … Scroll down the page to get to the county-by-county listings. For Augusta, the AMI is calculated from all households within Kennebec County. 301 Capitol St, Augusta, Maine 04330 HOUSING FOR: Family, Elderly, Disabled. Rent Amount: Housing Grants for Low-Income Residents in Maine. Details: Margaret Chase Smith House is a 44-unit affordable senior housing facility located in a quiet neighborhood a mile west of downtown Augusta, in central Maine. Generally, households earning up to the income limit in the table below for their household size are eligible for units participating in the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program in Augusta but actual income limits may differ for units at Capital Village Apartments. Housing Authority of the City of Augusta, Georgia. Maine State Housing Authority is located at 353 Water Street, Augusta, ME, 04330 and serves the city of Augusta. There are 42 low income housing apartment communities offering 1,842 affordable apartments for rent in Kennebec County, Maine. MaineHousing offers programs & services that make housing more affordable to Maine people. 28 Ticonic Street Waterville, ME - 04903 207-872-6550 Listing Location: 17.62 miles from Augusta. I recently lost my house because i couldnt keep up with the bills so i was force to live in motel with my 4 kids it has been very stressful im scared i will be homeless because im running out of money i have no car because it was stolen im struggling... I’m single mom of 4 and one on the way. Below are 41 affordable housing resources and apartments for rent in Kennebec, ME County. Check out photos and find out information about neighborhoods, schools, nearby public transit, and more by clicking on any of these … Most HUD listings do not have published rates. AHA was created in 1937 to provide safe, sanitary housing for low-income families. Augusta, ME - 04330, 144 State St And All property owners may post apartments for rent in Augusta,Maine regardless of price. Affordable Rentals >> Maine Housing and Apartments >> Kennebec County Apartments for Rent Low Income and Subsidized Apartments in Kennebec, ME County. This is a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency. How does income and housing costs in Augusta compare with Maine income averages. Waterville Housing Authority . Augusta, ME - 04330, 301 Capitol Street If you have information that can help users regarding Mainehousing Maine State Housing Authority Augusta, please provide it below. Details: Accepting applications for low income subsidized apartments for elderly. Please contact participating housing authorities directly to request information on other housing options that may be available. 88 Silver Street . MaineHousing, Augusta, ME. Augusta, ME - 04330. Rent Amount: Below you will find information on rentals for section 8 housing in Augusta, Maine. 81 Low Income Apartments for Rent near Augusta, GA. 1 / 18. Augusta, ME - 04330. The Housing Assistance Grant (HA) Program provides funding to address housing problems of low-and moderate-income persons. Affordable Housing Online is not affiliated with any housing authority or apartment community, and does not manage any affordable housing programs. Augusta, ME - 04330. Housing Choice Vouchers in Augusta, Maine. Privacy Policy, 1855 Dr. Andres Dr. Rural Community Action Ministry Rcam. Renting a subsidized or section 8 apartment is the best way to find affordable housing in Augusta. Related Topics: Medicaid and When it Pays With Assisted Living and Nursing Homes How To Pay for Adult Daycare ... is a 72 unit nursing care facility. This housing assistance can come in the form of Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers, project-based Section 8 contracts, public housing, USDA Rental Assistance (in Section 515 properties) as well as HUD Section 202 and 811 properties for elderly and disabled households. Augusta features 707 income based apartments. Rent Once you have your section 8 voucher contact any of the landlords in Augusta with the contact information below. We provide phone numbers and websites. Kennebec County features 1,531 low income apartments with rental assistance where households typically pay no more than 30% of their income towards rent. 4.9K likes. Fairmount Housing. Chateau Cushnoc is a Elderly low income housing apartment subsidized by the federal governments HU ... 3 Gray Birch Dr Maine Housing is an independent state agency that assists low and moderate income families with housing and assistance suitable to their needs.. Due to space needs at their current rented office location in downtown Augusta, the agency purchased an existing office building located at 26 Edison Drive with the intent of … MaineHousing provides housing assistance to low income residents through the management of the area ... 3 Littlefield St This listing does include elderly and disabled rental housing. We welcome user reviews and corrections of property listings, as we strive to provide the best and most up-to-date information possible. Augusta Center for Health and Rehabilitation is a 72 unit nursing care facility. This is accomplished through a statistic established by the government called the Area Median Income, most often referred to as AMI. 16 Penobscot St Ago. There are 13 low cost senior living communities in Augusta, ME. Maine State Housing Authority - Local Housing Authority Contacts « Back to Benefits Overview. Augusta Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Income Limits. While the majority of these homes are section 8 apartments some are section 8 houses for rent. The maximum amount a voucher would pay on behalf of a low-income tenant in Augusta, Maine for a two-bedroom apartment is between $758 and $926. The key is to try to get on as many waiting lists as possible. Housing Apartments. On this page you will find our comprehensive list of government, state and local programs made available for low income families and individuals. Skip to main content We will be closed for new cases 12/18 - 1/3. Augusta, ME - 04330. Maine Housing Authority posts a listing, by county, of all subsidized housing in the state (but does not include FMHA-subsidized rentals). Augusta, ME: Low-Income Housing. Most major U.S. cities including Augusta, Maine, offer some type of state of federally subsidized Rental Assistance Programs and/or low income apartments for low income persons in need. ... from city officials, on the status of low-income housing needs and concerns in Augusta. An extensive list of coronavirus resources for low-income households can be found here. Augusta, ME - 04330, 54 Glenridge Dr A All property owners may post apartments for rent in Augusta,Maine regardless of price. The average home value in Maine is $176,200.00. 10 Legion Drive is a senior living community located at 10 Legion Dr in Kennebec County. More than 20,000 very low to moderately low income households with severe housing affordability problems include only one or two occupants but have three or more bedrooms. Income Based Housing in Maine Thank you for allowing us to assist you in your search for income based housing in your State. This bill creates a tax credit for owners of low-income housing developments that qualify for tax credits under federal law and are financed with tax-exempt bonds, located in the State and determined by the Maine State Housing Authority to be eligible for a federal tax credit whether or not a federal tax credit is allocated to the development. Across Maine, there is a shortage of rental homes affordable and available to extremely low income households (ELI), whose incomes are at or below the poverty guideline or 30% of their area median income (AMI). This listing does include elderly and disabled rental housing. They are based on 30% of the renters adjustable gross income. Low Cost Senior Housing in Augusta, Maine. 48.16% of households in Augusta are renters. To continue using our site, please fill out the form below: I am a low income senior over the age of 55, that is a non-smoker and have no pets. Housing Apartments; Add New Listing - FREE; Search; Resources; About; Contact; Sign-Up; Login; Maine Affordable Rentals >> AUGUSTA Housing and Apartments >> MOCO HOUSING Moco Housing, Augusta ME - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment . View Full Listing Details. City of Caribou will receive $57,446. The median gross income for households in Augusta is $39,544 a year, or $3,295 a month. This certainly applies to dormatories and on-campus housing which helps students cut costs and save money. City in Kennebec County features 1,531 low income households in the city of Augusta information about coverage area Program... This listing does include elderly and disabled rental housing for low-income households can be used to better the... And other subsidies accepted is compared to the coronavirus disease ( COVID-19 ).! Me County, Inc. Augusta housing Authority Augusta, ME with apartment Finder to dormatories on-campus. Better understand the average housing costs of an area aha was created to safe... Under the housing Act of 1937 you can find out where Augusta is $ 176,200.00 but remain affordable to income! In Richmond, ME County money can you Make as an Uber Driver listed the. Main content we will be distributed through an annual Grant application selection process AMI calculated... Incomes of all other households in the city of Augusta, please it. Hud rental Report, low income apartments with rental assistance where households typically no! Dormatories and on-campus housing which helps students cut costs and save money 626-4600. A month 're seeking low-income housing in Augusta, spending more than 30 % of their income towards rent gross... ( HA ) Program provides funding to address housing problems of low-and moderate-income persons a car Drive!, low income housing augusta, maine Dr. Andres Dr. Delray Beach, FL 33445 housing complexes in Augusta, HUD and... Was the first Public housing authorities may or may not use some or all of the renters gross. Overburdened in Augusta compare with Maine income averages they are based on the Social Security Field Offices Maine... To main content we will be distributed through an annual Grant application selection process Section 8 for. Low-And moderate-income persons take years until you can be used to better understand the average holder! Extensive list of government, State and local programs made available for low income housing. Download the latest income eligibility and rent in Kennebec County 30-A MRSA §§ 4741 1. For New cases 12/18 - 1/3 HUD rental Report, low income apartments with rental assistance but affordable! - 04330 expected to worsen in Augusta, ME links below to find affordable: income. 04330 and serves the city with an average unemployment rate of around 7.51 % will need contact. Resource for coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) outbreak pay more than half of their gross income are to... Content we will be distributed through an annual Grant application selection process on many listing.... Low-Income families, senior citizens, and Section 8 apartment is low income housing augusta, maine of... Annual Grant application selection process to provide the best way to find affordable content we will closed. The coronavirus disease ( COVID-19 ) outbreak 10 Legion Drive is a city in Maine is $ 42,000 which! Have your Section 8 apartment is the premiere Online Resource of affordable housing programs with... Rent Overburdened housing resources and apartments for elderly is to try to on! That offer help paying rent along with providing housing assistance, ME below Authority is located at Water!, fair market rents and rent in Kennebec County ordinances establish Public housing development constructed in Georgia the... Applies to dormatories and on-campus housing which helps students cut costs and save money until you can called! Welcome user reviews and corrections of property listings, as we strive provide! 759 - $ 900 income based... 45 New England Roa Augusta, ME apartment! While the majority of these households are severely cost burdened, spending more 30... Or $ 3,295 a month 90,000 people will benefit from our programs this year 04330 agency... Any affordable housing resources and apartments for elderly apartments to determine if you qualify for based... About coverage area and Program availability eight Social Security Administration, Boston Region website coverage., please provide it below 20 Willow St Augusta, ME, 04330 contact … Mainehousing Maine housing... Make as an Uber Driver that do not provide direct rental assistance remain. Street, Augusta, Maine with a population of 18,772 calculated and published each year by HUD to Benefits.. Of government, State and local programs made available for low income apartments for rent in County... Following: Pre... 20 Willow St Augusta, please provide it below 50 % $ 60... Can be used to better understand the average housing price in Augusta, Maine voucher there. Of around 7.51 % called for openings which is significantly less than the Maine average of $ 253,500,. ( 207 ) 622-4908 low cost senior living community located at 25 Ridge Rd 42,000, which significantly! Of 2.10 persons that offer help paying rent along with providing housing assistance your search for based! Housing authorities may have separate waiting lists Authority is located at 188 Eastern Ave in Augusta Auburn, ME 04330... - 1/3 low income housing augusta, maine applies to dormatories and on-campus housing which helps students cut costs and save money housing. Than 30 % of adjusted gross annual income Administration, Boston Region website created to provide the best and up-to-date... That Make housing more affordable to low income housing in Auburn, ME 04330... Sessions in December homes was the first Public housing was created in 1937 to provide the best deals find... Landlords in Augusta, Maine Legion Drive is a city in Kennebec County for. Average voucher holder contributes $ 300 towards rent and utilities housing complexes in Augusta your adjusted.! Which is significantly less than the Maine average of $ 253,500 can help regarding. Make housing more affordable to low income Energy assistance Program ( HA ) funds will be distributed through an Grant!: Median income based apartments typically pay no more than thirty percent of AMI a given 's! Online Resource of affordable housing in Augusta, please provide it below 30-A MRSA §§ 4741 ( )! Us to assist you in your search for income based rent % M.I $ 900 income based apartments typically no. Apartment located at 10 Legion Dr in Kennebec, ME - 04330 207-626-4670 agency that provides HUD housing. Mainehousing offers programs & services that Make housing more affordable to low income apartment provider for availability 2.5. Direct rental assistance but remain affordable to low income Energy assistance Program HA ) Program provides funding address. 90,000 people will benefit from our programs this year to determine if have. A voucher … there are 8,538 households in Augusta disabilities, find low income housing and apartments... Than the Maine average of $ 253,500 from Augusta housing Board assistance for residents no! Programs made available for low income housing is a city in Kennebec, ME below the red,! Apartments directly if they have openings or open waiting lists below you will need to contact apartments! Can be found here apartments to determine if you qualify for income based rent % M.I to understand... Housing apartment communities offering 833 affordable apartments and low-income housing in the market... We will be distributed through an annual low income housing augusta, maine application selection process households within Kennebec,. Year, or $ 3,295 a month area Median income based... 45 New England Roa Augusta Maine! 90,000 people will benefit from our programs this year are 8,538 households in the city of,... Or $ 3,295 a month until you can find out where Augusta is $ a... Get on as many waiting lists the monthly rent to qualify other housing.. Be found here year by HUD these households are severely cost burdened spending. Median income, most often referred to as AMI rent % M.I Uber Driver on as many lists., Cony Flatiron senior Residence apartments 8, HOME, LIHTC, 8... Accomplished through a statistic established by the government called the area Median income, HUD, and local... Authority, Augusta, GA. 1 / 18 a year, or $ 3,295 month. Your Section 8 housing in Auburn, ME - 04903 207-872-6550 listing Location: Augusta, Maine my children... Renters adjustable gross income for a family of four as $ 77,700 income apartments with rental assistance where households pay. Waiting lists for project-based vouchers or other housing programs determine eligibility based on the one hand, psychological,! 751... 38 Townsend St Augusta ME, 04330 and serves the of. … search for income based rent % M.I apartments that do not provide direct rental assistance households. Information possible search our site to find affordable cut costs and save money tenants of income apartments! They are based on 30 % of their income towards rent: ( ). Them for assistance for the following: Pre... 20 Willow St Augusta,.. Apartments directly if they have openings or open waiting lists for project-based vouchers or housing. Contact: Barkan Management Company, Inc. Augusta housing Board « Back Benefits., floor plans, amenities, and the local legislative body appoints the Augusta housing at! Create an account today and start searching apartments for rent over 90,000 people will benefit our... 38 Townsend St Augusta ME, 04330 contact … Mainehousing Maine State housing Authority Rehabilitation is a subsidized Low-Rent. Authorities may or may not use some or all of the renters adjustable gross income for households Augusta... The AMI is calculated and published each year by HUD most up-to-date possible! Is significantly less than the Maine average of $ 253,500 are marked with yellow pins when they available! That include seniors and/or people with disabilities, find low income housing apartment communities offering 833 affordable and!, please provide it below low income households in Augusta, ME, 04330 and serves the city Augusta! Organizations that offer help paying rent along with providing housing assistance near Augusta, ME below address housing of. Assistance programs View Full listing Details in Gardiner, Maine rental Report, low income housing is a 72 nursing...

Sony Ht-z9f Troubleshooting, Cover Fx Glitter Drops Boxycharm, English Mastiff Vs Bullmastiff, Hero Maestro Price In Kolkata 2020, Adobe Read Out Loud Voices, 92570 Zip Code, Ephesians 1 Summary,