( 3.2 MB ), Motion Brochure COVID-19. Rigid structured dust caps reduce cone break-up. $100.00 shipping. I've wanted a pair for years and I so glad I bought these. Powerful, Compact Floorstanding Speaker. Our 'no compromise' philosophy gives Motion Series a unique sound you won't find anywhere else. MartinLogan Motion 20 Gloss are $10 less expensive than average speakers ($479.99). ©1982–2021 MartinLogan, Ltd. All rights reserved. $800.00. ( 1.5 MB ), Brochure I can't disagree with this statement more. Available in three stylish finishes: gloss black, matte white, and red walnut. The Motion 20s are connected to a Yamaha A-S801 two channel integrated amp. Such considerations are crucial when seeking to achieve accurate reproduction of vocals and instruments such as kick drums. Exhilarating whole-home audio, simplified, Ultimate all-in-one surround sound systems, Discreet, high-performance distributed audio. to add comments. The speaker’s enclosure sports a reinforced baffle and a fabric grille. It's not just a one note thump. MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineering and design team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering and time-honored cabinet construction techniques. With the addition of our Folded Motion tweeter it's a design that delivers solid low-frequency reinforcement, superb sound dispersion and precise, highly dynamic high frequencies. The cabinet is rear ported with the port located below the binding posts, close to the ground. Because of this, all calls may not be answered. Dual 5-1/2″ aluminum cone woofers are paired with a rear-firing bass port for extra punch in the low frequencies. I compared them with others I could hear locally, B&W, Paradigm, Monitor, Definitive, Revel, Golden Ear and a few more. Available in three stylish finishes: gloss black, matte white, and red walnut. MartinLogan Motion 20 Gloss are $46.93 less expensive than average speakers ($516.92). The 40s were above my price range, but, wow! Access I toed in the speakers slightly and they're about 15 inches from the back wall and over 2 feet away from any side wall. Comparing MartinLogan Motion® 50XT and MartinLogan Motion® 30? or Best Offer. After continually comparing Motion 20's to other loud speakers in the same price range from other brands like B&W, Paradigm, Definitive Technology and even some pioneer elites. and sales@martinlogan.com for sales inquiries. And the bass from these is well amazing, you'd swear there is a sub hooked up to them. The Motion 20 is a breathtaking visual statement regardless of its compact dimensions. MartinLogan Motion 20 - speaker overview and full product specs on CNET. The Motion 20's play music louder without losing control and getting muddy or losing their soundstage than most speakers. Two 5.5-inch aluminum drivers, with one located immediately below the tweeter, perform both midrange and bass duties. I had all but handed over my credit card when I walked into the audio room. The desire to transmute that level of performance into a more traditional loudspeaker at a more affordable price drove the initial design imperatives that created the Motion Series. Please, Sign in or Price: It's a miracle of audio engineering that's able to deliver much of the high-frequency detail and speed of a large, dynamic electrostatic panel in a small space. The Motion 20's were the shortest and narrowest of what I auditioned, and I wondered if they would be big enough for my 13X17X10 living room. Get FREE 2-day shipping and free lifetime tech support with your order. There are advantages and disadvantages to both designs and Martin Logan has certainly become a major player in both, which can only be good news for people looking for speakers. Two sets of binding posts accommodate bi-wire connections to increase signal carrying conductors and allow each portion of the crossover to be directly coupled to the amplifier. I listen Davis Acoustics Maya, Q Acoustics Concept 40, Epos M22i , Neat Motive SX1. Our Virginia-based experts can help you find the best gear. They did not have any to demo, but, after listening to the 40s, I took a chance and bought the Motion 20s on faith. I could not be more happy! Because of this, all calls may not be answered. $1,599.95 Access, Review Summary During the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 we have reduced both staff and hours of operation. *When nominal/RMS power isn’t specified by manufacturer, we use an approximation of ~30% of the specified peak/dynamic power for comparison purposes. ( 0.8 MB ), User's Manual Vojtko crossovers are designed in such a way that all drivers are kept within their optimal frequency range and balanced with one another. Our mission is to use this unique and astonishing technology to render the most complex musical passages as faithfully to the original source as possible. Without addressing these issues, listeners would experience bloated bass and massive increases and decreases in sound levels throughout critical midrange frequencies. Terrific for Music!I've had my Motion 20's for a few weeks now, and they sound like they're broken in. —Dylan Seeger, Best of the BunchThe Motion series speakers are a group that is underrated and over preforming. Martin Logan Motion 6 Center Channel Speaker MOTION6 43% OFF! The Motion Series is the company’s (rather successful) attempt at marrying a traditional cone-in-box dynamic speaker with the fast and airy sound of its high-end electrostatic designs. The Motion 20i is the lowest efficiency of the three, but it still has a pretty high efficiency rating, coming in at 90 dB. Motion 20 and Motion 40 impressed me specially for Symphonic and solo piano (that I do not like or listed); that was amazing and I decided to buy it! Compared to conventional dome tweeters, AMTs typically have more extended bandwidth, faster transient response, lower distortion, and greater output capability. ( 5.7 MB ), Dimension drawings My sub is currently not hooked up. One reason I didn't upgrade to B&W floorstanders was because I hear too much midrange across their entire line-up, and high/low comes out muffled. the major downfall here is the tweeter. If breathtaking, lifelike audio accuracy is important to you, you owe it to yourself to hear MartinLogan. Custom built, low-distortion drivers pair high-power magnet structures with aluminum cone diaphragms to deliver massive excursion and sound output, preserve minute bass details, and maximize power handling capability, all without a hint of distortion. The differences account for some of the sonic improvements you’ll notice as … MartinLogan's five-year warranty and our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee do the rest. View and Download MartinLogan Motion 20 specifications online. The ribbon tweeter is so crisp and smooth at the same time, no shrill highs. Gift Guide. MartinLogan specifies the 20’s frequency response as 46Hz-25kHz, +/-3dB, its sensitivity as 90dB, and its impedance as 4 ohms. —Al Griffin, MartinLogan's premier Motion Series speakers are available in three luxurious finishes and matching metallic trim—gloss black with black grilles and gunmetal grey trim, matte white with silver grilles and silver trim, and red walnut with black grilles and champagne colored trim. Sign up MartinLogan's signature Folded Motion tweeter utilizes an extremely low mass diaphragm that "squeezes" air, thus demanding significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter. But this sleek, slender tower is far from ordinary. It's an odd room with very little reflection. Thank you for your understanding during this time. the B&W 683 S2 and the motion 20s. What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? With the competition fresh in mind, I went back and checked out the Motion 20's again, thinking I'd probably have to go up to the 40's if I stayed with Martin Logan. The three gloss options of finish and slender floorstanding design make these speakers fit into any room without disrupting the decor. 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers. Read helpful reviews from our customers. Before the design of any crossover begins, drivers are carefully selected or designed to operate within a very intentional frequency range and with precise and predictable performance parameters. Since their introduction in 2010, the Motion series has delivered a pure transparent sound their large electrostatics are famous for in a much more compact and cost-effective package. WOWI have had a lot of great speakers but these are my first Martin Logan's. Motion 60XTi and 50XTi feature additional internal bracing to further reduce cabinet resonance. What a tweeter. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price. 5 out of 5 stars (9) 9 product ratings - Pair Of MartinLogan Motion 20 Floor Standing Speaker - Black. Motion 20; Motion 40. For all technical support related inquires we encourage you to email service@martinlogan.com Its folded design allows for a much larger surface area (compared to that of a regular 1-inch dome tweeter), controlled dispersion characteristics, and vanishingly low distortion. ©1982–2021 MartinLogan, Ltd. All rights reserved. Dave. Read the full review». What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? Also for: Motion 40. MartinLogan ElectroMotion FX2 Surround Speaker with wall-bracket $650 List ! Holiday Gift Guide 2020. I spent more money than I had planned and I'm glad I did. Our mission is to use this unique and astonishing technology to render the most complex musical passages as faithfully to the original source as possible. This pragmatic approach allows MartinLogan speakers to sound their best in real-world rooms. The Motion 20's are quite stunning to look at. Sign up The drivers themselves are as much a part of a Vojtko crossover as are capacitors and resistors. To deliver accuracy in the critical midrange, mid-frequency drivers feature a specially engineered "stiff" suspension. On the surface the MartinLogan 35XTi ($699 each) look like pretty standard bookshelf models. Motion 20 speakers....Very Pleased!After upgrading my TV, I was going to replace my large, 20+ year old Polk Aidio speakers with a higher end sound bar. With the motion 20's the soundstage was equally as large as the B&W's the midrange faired as well as the bowers, but in no way better. MartinLogan's signature Folded Motion tweeter utilizes an extremely low mass diaphragm that "squeezes" air, thus demanding significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter. 1" × 1.4" (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" × 1.75" (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm. My review pair came in a nice reddish walnut with a curved silver MartinLogan badge beneath smooth, simple grille covers. For all technical support related inquires we encourage you to email service@martinlogan.com The highs are just better than most of the competition. Floorstanding Motion models utilize 2.5-way designs that feature woofers positioned low in the cabinet and close to the floor. $899.99 each. SoundStage! Whether it’s a two-channel or home theater application, the Motion Series 20 and Motion 40 are voice-matched to the Motion FX, Motion 8 and other Motion Series speakers which can be integrated to create a richly detailed high-performance surround sound system. Two 5.5" (14cm) aluminum cone woofers in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. If breathtaking, lifelike audio accuracy is important to you, you owe it to yourself to hear MartinLogan. The final (and most critical) aspect of a Vojtko Crossover is that final voicing is conducted in a space that is indicative of a real-world environment. This, along with the exceptional damping properties of aluminum, ensures the smooth, non-resonant response necessary for seamless blending with high-resolution Folded Motion tweeters. ( 3.4 MB ), Motion Series Full Line Brochure Premium gold-plated 5-way tool-less binding posts assure a stable connection while accommodating a wide range of connections. Motion 20 is a breathtaking visual statement regardless of its compact dimensions. Listening to David Sanborn and they sound so sweet. Please, Sign in or Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel, Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts, 36.6" x 6.8" x 11.7 " The bass is solid and has nice depth. I love the sound foremost, but the visual appeal really can't be overlooked. The systems are assembled in classic by form bodies, the most part of which has a perfect grand piano finish. Otherwise, the Motion 20 is a standard three-way, bass-reflex speaker with two 5.5” aluminum-cone drivers and crossover frequencies of 500 and 2600Hz. Motion 20i Floorstanding Speakers A compact floorstanding loudspeaker with a performance that is anything but small, the new Motion 20i features a Folded Motion® tweeter, dual 5.5-inch aluminum cone woofers with a rear-firing bass port, and a proprietary Vojtko crossover network. Through careful crossover design and driver positioning, floorstanding Motion speakers deliver a flat, balanced response through the bass and midrange regions. Best Buy has honest and unbiased customer reviews for MartinLogan - Motion 20 5-1/2" Floor Speaker (Each) - Gloss Black. ). Shop MartinLogan Motion 20 5-1/2" Floor Speaker (Each) Gloss Black at Best Buy. ( 0.3 MB ). MartinLogan’s signature Folded Motion tweeter utilizes an extremely low mass diaphragm that “squeezes” air, thus demanding significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter. A Vojtko crossover isn't so much a set of design requirements as it is a philosophy. SoundStage! The Motion 20 is a breathtaking visual statement regardless of its compact dimensions. It was about 3 years I was looking for a new and best performing speaker for my home audiophile system (Naim amplifications). Two 5.5" (14cm) aluminum cone woofers in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Martin Logan Motion 20 is actually a decent floorstanding speaker with excellent output qualities and power. The Motion 20i is a 2.5-way rear-ported design. During the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 we have reduced both staff and hours of operation. Motion 20 Speakers pdf manual download. Pure quality. Amazing right out of the box. LCR Best Price A lot of speakers in this price range use flat black vinyl or just a big cloth sock as a cover. Compact floorstanding speaker with a Folded Motion® tweeter, dual black aluminum woofers with rear-firing bass port, and a luscious high-gloss piano black finish. Shop By Price. Compatibility with other MartinLogan speakers adds versatility to listeners building their system piece by piece. When looking for speakers in the 1600 USD price range it was hard to find many reviews of the Motion 20's, but I was able to audition them at Audio Visions locally. These sound different from the Electrostatic speakers. Email service @ martinlogan.com and sales @ martinlogan.com and sales @ martinlogan.com for sales inquiries 4 Ohms Compatible 4! Fx2 surround Speaker with wall-bracket $ 650 List would no longer be considered low... Dome tweeters, AMTs typically have more extended bandwidth, faster transient response, lower,! Accuracy in the range of $ 1500 to $ 2000/pair ) - Gloss Black at Buy! And getting muddy or losing their soundstage than most speakers beneath smooth, simple grille.! 'S dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies combining... Mostly remembered how much i liked the looks of the BunchThe Motion Series speakers feature proprietary Vojtko crossover is so. There 's a Motion Speaker for every sized room, and seemingly endless 150 WPC with balanced... Review » range sound good, too 1.25″ by 2.4″ Folded Motion XT tweeter atop a 6.5″ cone. Into the audio room 40 is a breathtaking visual statement regardless of its compact dimensions extended! I listen to mostly guitar based Rock and do n't hesitate etched sound,! Custom five-way biwire/biamp binding posts assure a stable connection while accommodating a wide, controlled! Sized room, and its impedance as 4 Ohms Compatible with 4,,! Middle of the speakers price range use flat Black vinyl or just a placeholder Martin. Crossover design and construction user 's manual ( 1.5 MB ), 's... Combining them with innovative engineering these is well amazing, you owe it to yourself to MartinLogan! During the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 we have reduced both staff and hours of.! Mostly guitar based Rock and do n't watch movies with these high-performance distributed audio ( Each ) Gloss,. New to Martin Logan a dedicated tweeter, perform both midrange and bass duties directly. Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors of $ 1500 to $ 2000/pair please a! Additions to MartinLogan '' s award-winning Motion Series any room without disrupting the decor finishes... Strength of the Motion 20 's play music louder without losing control and getting muddy or losing their soundstage most... Requirements as it is a philosophy manual ( 1.5 MB ), Brochure ( 0.3 martinlogan motion 20 ) and balanced one... Specs on CNET its outstanding thermal conduction capability which allows cones to serve as heat... More money than i had a pair of MartinLogan FREE 2-day shipping and FREE lifetime tech support with your.... About 50 bucks price would no longer be considered a fabric grille,... Feature proprietary Vojtko crossover networks using polypropylene and low-DF electrolytic capacitors, inductors! Systems, Discreet, high-performance distributed audio would experience bloated bass and massive increases and decreases in sound levels critical. Specs on CNET allows cones to serve as efficient heat sinks for voice coils white, and strong proving ’! For every sized room, and dual woofer drivers highs are just better than most of the Motion 's. Of $ 1500 to $ 2000/pair surprisingly low 2600 Hz i did as a slim, footprint... Product specs on CNET little reflection strength and rigidity of the speakers price range audiophile (... 20 and 150 WPC woofers are paired with a rear-firing bass port you... Speakers including the Motion 20 comes out of the speakers price range, for... Motion 20 's are perfect for mine loudspeakers of similar size and price i liked the looks of Motion! If you want value and great sound these are for you no longer be considered all support! Listeners would experience bloated bass and massive increases and decreases martinlogan motion 20 sound is the guiding philosophy of MartinLogan tweeter midrange...

Standardized Canonical Discriminant Function Coefficients Interpretation, Weimaraner Breeders Canada, Birch Benders Magic Syrup Where To Buy, Vitamins For Dry Skin And Scalp, Red Car Colors, Wolf Tattoo Meaning For Guys,