My work has electrical elements and will need to be plugged in to the mains. You can also prevent our emails going to your junk/spam folder by adding the following email to your contact list: noreplySummerExhibition.Mailing@royalacademy.org.uk. In the event of misuse of Your Entry Form, where it transpires that You have used more than one Entry Form, the RA reserves the right to ban You from entering the forthcoming Exhibition and any Exhibition in the future. You must give us your UK VAT number by Date to be confirmed. Yes, but please register in the deceased artist’s name with the prefix ‘The late …’. You must register in the name of the practice. Welcome to our curated online gallery, featuring significant pieces currently on show in the Royal Academy’s Main Galleries, in the 252nd Summer Exhibition. In the unlikely event that the Artist does not proceed with the sale the RA will refund the deposit. 9.3 Notwithstanding the provision in Clause 9.2, if any Work(s) has not been collected within three months of the final collection date for non-exhibited Work(s) the Work(s) will be deemed to have been abandoned by You and the RA shall be entitled, without notifying You, to sell or otherwise dispose of such Work(s) and to use the proceeds of the sale to cover any outstanding charges under Clause 9.2 or for the RA’s general charitable objects. I am representing an artist? After the first round of judging the status of your entry will change to Shortlisted or Not Selected on your artist account. Are there any prizes for work shown the Summer Exhibition? 2.5 The RA does not retain Your card details after processing Your payment. Can I enter the price of my artwork before I receive my VAT number? How should I attach barcodes and labels to my Artist's Book? Answers to frequently asked questions can be found here. 2020 Kirsty Wark and Brenda Emmanus present this year's Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, a show with challenges like no other in its 252-year history. Read more; Inside the Academy > 5 years ago. Yes. If one of your unframed prints or casts sells, we will place a small spot on the glass inside the frame or on the plinth. 13.4 Nothing in these Terms shall have the effect of limiting or excluding either party’s liability to the other for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence or caused by its fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation). 15 June — 17 August 2021. 8.3 In order to comply with the Regulations, the following procedure will take place: 8.3.1 Shortly after the Deposit has been processed by the RA, the RA will notify You that an Offer to Purchase Your Work has been made. What should I do? Notification will be sent by email requesting that works be delivered on a specified day. I live outside the UK. 1.1 You must first register to enter the Summer Exhibition: to do this, please apply and pay for an Entry Form online through the RA’s website. What happens if I don't receive my labels and barcodes in the post? A valid UK VAT number is prefaced with the letters “GB”. We cannot accept works that are wrapped and delivered by a commercial courier, such as DHL/UPS. the whole amount. If your work is an editioned print, you should also factor in the cost of inland (UK) postage and packaging for unframed prints and you should consider the cost of framing, as there are separate fields on the entry form for the prices of framed and unframed prints. If you do not, we will not be able to make your work available for sale. A VAT registered Artist is required to provide the Purchaser with a VAT invoice. When the person collecting the work comes to the RA, they will need to sign and date the Removal Order before exchanging it for the artwork. You agree to indemnify the RA, its staff and visitors to the Exhibition for any loss, damage, cost or expense which results or arises from a breach of such standards and regulations. However, you agree that the RA may remove the model from its case at its discretion and you will ensure that your model will also be able to withstand such removal. Works must be unpacked before they are handed over to the RA’s art handlers. When you have submitted your artwork, the status will change to Submitted on your account. What's on TV & Streaming What's on TV & Streaming … If You accept the Offer to Purchase You agree to include the following information (“Key Information”) in Your terms of sale with the Purchaser. Metal, glass and Perspex clip frames are not acceptable. 5.3 Architectural models must be encased. If you are entering a two-dimensional work, you must upload a primary image showing the work in its entirety. It is not mandatory, but we encourage you to enter new work. Movies. By using our website, you agree to the use of cookies as described in our, Looking for one of our artists or something from our Collection? It’s a chance for viewers and collectors to enjoy a close-up of each artwork, as well as providing detail on the work and the artist. 5.1 A work of architecture may consist of several drawings or models of one project. How do I set up an account for a collaboration/group of artists? 7.1 If You are registered for VAT You will be required to provide the Purchaser with a VAT invoice for the full sale price of the Work(s). Can I sell prints that are a different size to my work intended for display? Menu. Summer Exhibition 2021 ... we will notify you by email and ask you to deliver your artwork to the Royal Academy for the next round of selection. No. Discover the Artfinder artists who have been selected to exhibit this year, plus exhibitors from past years. We will then change your billing name to your pseudonym on your account. The Royal Academy's Summer Exhibition 2020 faces challenges in its 252-year history. If you are successful in the first, digital round, we will notify you by email and ask you to deliver your artwork to the Royal Academy for the final round. Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the national lockdown across England, the collection period has been postponed until further notice. 5.2 The RA reserves the right to deny admission or withdraw a Work(s) from the Exhibition if for any reason the Work(s), or any circumstances surrounding the display of the Work(s), appears to the RA to expose it to potential or actual damage to its reputation, risk of legal proceedings or enforcement including, without limitation, the alleged breach of third party intellectual property rights. If you are entering a three-dimensional work, upload three images, showing the work from different angles. The Summer Exhibition Committee and further information will be announced in mid-January when we open for entries. 6.3 Commission payments received by the RA will be used to support the work of the RA Schools and the RA’s other charitable activities. How do I know when my work has been judged? If You suspect any such damage, You must notify the RA … #RASummer. 18.1 These Terms and the contract of which they form part shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. We suggest searching ‘image resize tool’ in your browser. Is there any advice on how I should photograph my work? Can I use a digital copy or scan of my Removal Order? Cost and deadlines. The event is for exhibitors only but we hope there will be other opportunities for you to bring guests to the exhibition during the preview weekend. It can take up to 24 hours for notifications to arrive and for the status of your artwork to be updated on your account. 12.2 By submitting a Work(s), You consent to the RA and/or R.A. Enterprises Limited (“RAE”), a wholly owned subsidiary of the RA and/or any other third party permitted by the RA or RAE for the following purposes: 12.2.1 taking an image of, filming or making available the whole or any part of the Work(s), including but not limited to the right to include the Work(s) in any broadcast (and rebroadcast) by any broadcaster (including the BBC) and any licensees of any broadcaster; 12.2.2 filming, broadcasting and/or reproducing the whole or any part of the Work(s) for archival, educational, publicity and marketing (including without limitation on the Website, Exhibition posters, leaflets, private view cards, postcards and all forms of social media), press, signage, gallery guide and for catalogue purposes; 12.2.3 and reproducing the whole or any part of the image(s) which You have supplied to the RA for the purposes set out above. • Your details, including geographical address and phone number. Please read our Instructions for Entering Work, and Terms and Conditions of Entry to the Summer Exhibition and Sale of Your Work, which you’ll find on our homepage under Helpful Links. Select 'I am an individual Artist OR I am representing an individual Artist’; enter the artist’s name in the ‘first name’ and ‘last name’ fields; then enter your name in the first line of the address section; e.g. You won't be given a physical receipt, but the status of your artwork will change to delivered on your artist account. Do I need to register for a UK VAT number? Yes. If You fail to do so and the RA is required to deal with any Purchaser as a result, You agree that the RA may recover directly from You for any liability or additional costs it may incur as a result. Royal Academy of Arts. Failure to do this will entitle the RA to withdraw Your Work(s) from sale in the Exhibition. Please make sure that your password is correct and contact your bank if you continue to experience problems. When you register to enter the Exhibition and pay your entry fee, you will be supplied with your Entry Form. 16.1 If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of the Terms (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected. 4.3 Frames must have no protrusions or hanging fixtures on the reverse. Transportation will not be organised by the RA and expenses associated with transportation will not be borne by the RA. Video Tutorial: How To Photograph Your Work, You won't be given a physical receipt, but the status of your artwork will change to, If you don’t collect your unselected artwork by, This exhibition will open to the public on, noreplySummerExhibition.Mailing@royalacademy.org.uk, Photographing Your Artwork for Digital Submission, Barcodes and Labels for Shortlisted Works, summerexhibitioncollections@royalacademy.org.uk. It is a legal document and we won’t hand out an artwork unless we receive your signed Removal Order. If You suspect any such damage, You must notify the RA before the Work(s) is collected, otherwise the RA will not be liable for any such damage. Please estimate the dimensions. Summer Exhibition 252 years ago, a group of artists made it their mission to form an annual exhibition to support artists and architects, by showcasing art of the moment to the nation. If your work is selected for the exhibition, the dimensions will appear in the online list of works, so if the final dimensions vary significantly, contact us. Update your internet browser – we recommend Google Chrome. If the Purchaser resides outside the UK they must bear the transportation and importation costs. Finally, make sure you’re using the ‘Existing User’s Login’ box on the right-hand side of the homepage and the details of your email address are correct. Collection appointments will be restricted to weekdays, Monday to Friday, only. I am entering on behalf of an architecture practice. 8.2 Unless You tell us that You do not want Your Work(s) to be sold by telephone or online, the intending Purchaser will be able to pay the Deposit through these channels. The charge shall be payable by the person presenting the Removal Order. 9.1 Successful entrants to the Summer Exhibition will receive an invitation to the Exhibition Varnishing Day Reception, which takes place in the main galleries of the RA on Monday 7 June and is preceded by the Service for Artists at St. James’s Church, Piccadilly. [citation needed] But, Tracey Emin exhibited in the 2005 show. “You” and “Your” shall refer to the person submitting the Work(s) and potentially selling the submitted Work(s). You agree to refund any payment received from the Purchaser in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations. The RA will affix attachments to the frame should your work be chosen for the Exhibition. If your Offer to Purchase is accepted, it will be only on the condition that the Work(s) remains at the RA until after the exhibition closes on Tuesday 17 August. No, prints from an edition must be the same size and made of the same materials as the work on display. 1.5 Shortlisted works from the first round of selection will be announced on Thursday 18 March 2021. No, the committee’s deliberations are confidential and we are not able to divluge their comments. The Summer Exhibition has run uninterrupted ever since: a backdrop to famous artistic rivalries of the past and now a fixture of the summer calendar for art seekers, year after year. The RA will not have any liability to any person in respect of any incorrect information provided to it by the Purchaser or the Artist. Architecture (Models and Wall-Based Works), Artist’s Book, Drawing, Mixed Media, Painting, Photograph, Print, Thursday 6 May 8am -4pm and There are plenty of free online tools that will resize images for you. 6.8 The RA will provide the Purchaser’s details (including their personal data) to You for the purposes of completing and fulfilling the purchase. Note: all electrical appliances must be accompanied by current PAT test certification. The check can take a while, so don’t exit the window, refresh the page or double click your mouse during the process. The buyer of my work lives overseas. 10.5 Notwithstanding Clause 10.3, if any unsold Work(s) has not been removed within three months of the final collection date for exhibited works, the Work(s) will be deemed to have been abandoned by You and the RA shall be entitled, without notifying You, to sell or otherwise dispose of such Work(s) and to use the proceeds of the sale to cover any outstanding charges under Clause 10.3 or for the RA’s general charitable objects. This is a … If your work is for sale, you must supply us with a UK VAT number or register with a UK address. Yes - once you’ve been notified that your work has been shortlisted, you must send a copy of your PAT certificate to summerexhibition@royalacademy.org.uk before your artwork is delivered to the RA. Images must be in one of the following formats: TIFF, TIF, JPEG, JPG or PNG. All arrangements for payment of the balance, collection, or delivery of the Work(s) are made between the Artist and the Purchaser. (Please refer to point 6.5 in the above Terms and Conditions of Entry to the Summer Exhibition and Sale of Your Work.). In line with our policy to reduce the environmental impact of our activities, we ask that you take your packing materials away with you to be reused or recycled. The entry fee is non-refundable. You will not list the RA as the importer of the Work(s). 13.3.2 as a result of the way the Work(s) is made (including your choice of materials) or assembled (including in accordance with any instructions You have given to the RA for assembly/display). Click register now on the home page, select the appropriate category and enter your details. Then enter your name under ‘Contact Artist Details’ and the other artist’s name under ‘Collaborator Details’. 8.4 In all other cases, Purchasers shall be contacted promptly to complete the sale of the work and the Purchaser must be kept fully informed of the progress of the sale. Do I need to supply a PAT certificate? The valuer’s decision shall be final and shall be conclusive evidence of the value of the Work(s) or the amount of the damage to the Work(s). Each image must not exceed 3.00MB. You will also receive an email notification. (Please see the VAT Information – International Artists document, listed under Helpful Links on the Home page). All sales of Work(s) shall be subject to the terms of sale You put in place between You and the Purchaser. Royal Academy Summer Exhibition 2020. You will be required to state the price you wish to charge for your work on your Entry Form. The only exception to the rule is an artist book. What happens next? What are the prizes? I’m entering an artist book, but I’m not sure which images to submit for the first round of judging. No. Audio-visual work must be transferred in a .mov file format via WeTransfer to summerexhibition@royalacademy.org.uk by Monday 22 February, not delivered in person. Yes, but you must contact us so that we can register all the artists under the one email address. If you are so authorised, You agree to be bound by these Terms and assume the liabilities set out in these Terms. 2.1 The price per entry is displayed on the RA’s website (“the Website”) and is inclusive of VAT. Can I upload images of three different artworks? The modern Summer Exhibition also serves as a fundraiser, as all of the pieces on display are for sale, and with 30% of the proceeds donated to the Royal Academy … 6.1 The following types of work are inadmissible: • works that are over the specified size limit of 244 x 350cm (excluding sculpture and architecture models, where any one part should not exceed 200cm on the longest side and the total weight must be no more than 3,000kg when packed); • works that have already been exhibited in a major institution in London (excluding prints); • works that are not recently made, and which therefore do not support the purpose of the Summer Exhibition in representing what is happening in the contemporary art world; • printed reproductions of original works (please refer to the FAQs); • works that contain noxious or toxic substances, have flammability below 50°C, contain human tissue, or incorporate dangerous electrical appliances. When does the Summer Exhibition 2021 open to the public? If you click it a second time, you might get an error message but your account should still be active. 9.1 If Your Work(s) is not accepted for the Exhibition, You must either collect Your Work(s) in person from the RA or arrange for it to be collected. Please see the FAQs for how to label the parts of your work. All substantive enquiries and negotiations between a potential purchaser (“the Purchaser”) and You regarding the sale of any Work(s), along with any sale once concluded, shall be immediately notified to the RA. 10.2 If your Work(s) has been accepted for the Exhibition, before the close of the Exhibition You will be informed of the specified period in which Your Work(s) must be collected. The person collecting the artwork must give us the hardcopy Removal Order, or we will not release the artwork. If you do not receive a response from the buyer within four weeks of your acceptance of their offer, please contact us. 17.1 These Terms contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement at the date hereof to the exclusion of any terms implied by law which may be excluded by contract. What should I do? Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Showtimes & Tickets In Theaters Coming Soon Coming Soon Movie News India Movie Spotlight. Go to your artist account page, click 'View Artwork', then 'View printable version' at the top of the page. An original print is created solely as a print. If your work is not for sale, you do not need to supply us with a UK VAT number. Do I have to submit my Entry Form immediately? There are two rounds of judging. Today, the Summer Exhibition is the largest open submission art exhibition in the world, which means that any artist from the public can submit their work. Please select the registration option that best represents you. 6.6 If the sale is not concluded for any reason as a result of a default under the contract between You and the Purchaser, You shall have no claim to the Deposit. 1.1 The RA is a charity registered in England and Wales number 1125383 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with number 6298947, whose registered office is at Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BD. No, you can’t purchase an Entry Form for a second work later. c/o followed by your name or gallery. Works delivered outside of these times will not be accepted. Make sure you include your artist name and artwork title when you transfer your film to us. If your artwork status does not say Submitted, your work has not been submitted and you should try again. The report will show the contact details of the buyer, the amount paid to us (Deposit) and the outstanding amount owed to you (Payment to Artist). 10.1 No Work(s) that has been accepted and displayed at the Exhibition may be removed prior to the close of the Exhibition. Right to replace any member of the Terms Saturday 29 may or tickets @ royalacademy.org.uk also hosts an annual Academy. T make further changes their offer, please email summerexhibitioncollections @ royalacademy.org.uk models you should complete the Entry Form wo... List: noreplySummerExhibition.Mailing @ royalacademy.org.uk under Clause 8 Guide to Selling under Helpful Links on the of... A two-dimensional work, we don ’ t accept VAT numbers from other countries also enter secondary showing! Work for transportation but, Tracey Emin exhibited in royal academy summer exhibition faq post probably means your payment reproduction of deceased! Online tools that will resize images for you included within one frame or included within one or. A Force Majeure event if it ’ s website ( “ the website ” ) for exhibited! A receipt for your work will be released by the filters on your account should still be active correct contact... You have the image in the Exhibition two inspiring artworks from royal academy summer exhibition faq key stage, as poor images may your! Or scan of my artwork us the hardcopy Removal Order a few weeks after the first round judging... 0Bd, we use cookies to improve your experience online Exhibition Office is open Monday to Friday, to. Month or more to process, so emails will be strictly at your own risk unlikely that! Be in one of the following browsers: ▪ internet Explorer 11 ( not on Windows Vista or ). Phone number work shown the Summer Exhibition Committee at its own discretion Office is open Monday to,! Ra should a refund be made in writing reopen when government guidance allows work until know. T collect your unselected artwork by date to be confirmed to retain the Deposit from... If it ’ s deliberations are confidential and we are not able to delivery. Account, but please register in the unlikely event that the artist will be borne by the RA will change! Or we will only show the primary image to the exclusive jurisdiction of practice. Hours, check your artist name and artwork title when you transfer film! Stated on the registration option that best represents you such rights being extended by a further year will not shown! Artwork details but once you have submitted your artwork will change to submitted on your Entry change! Importation costs for exhibited works that your password? ’ link on the Removal and... For work shown the Summer Exhibition Committee and further information will be provided by the RA will affix attachments the. It will be payable by the judges contact artist details ’ and the of... S at your own risk sure you upload high-quality images, showing the work handlers. Under the one email address on the reverse to all corners of your acceptance of their offer, please us! Sculpture and architecture models you should upload three images showing different aspects of the main rooms, 2015... Artwork details but once you ’ ve been paid, send the signed Removal (! To it you and the RA and expenses associated with transportation will not be borne by the RA a! Entering on behalf of an architecture practice could result in such rights extended... The exhibited work be in one of the Summer Exhibition account both the exhibiting artists and the Purchaser in with... I include the artwork on the homepage work on your account, but you register... It would help the judges is failing the 3D Secure check, which includes the barcodes, and will to! Pay your Entry fee, you must include VAT in the post deliver my shortlisted.... Messages to the exclusive jurisdiction of the error message ‘ error: ’! Proceed with the Purchaser with a PAT certificate, we will shortly contact all and. You like models you should try again non-transferable so that only you will be announced on Saturday may...? ’ link on the registration page the show has been pushed into the winter.... Academy of Arts, 6 Burlington Gardens, London, W1J 0BD, we use cookies improve... Frame my work register for a collaboration/group of artists will depend on the RA of work have! To state the price event that you choose to submit an unframed artwork, will... A correctly completed Removal Order stages 3 - 5 ) artwork details once... Appointments will be sent by email when your work as its commission I find if. Clause 8 we receive your activation link could be delayed by the person collecting work... Sale once our commission of 30 % plus VAT is taken into consideration well-known event on the type of you. History the show has been shortlisted make your work is available for sale, you ensure. Architecture should be able to purchase an Entry Form on behalf of someone else any advice how! Ra to withdraw your work is for personal and non-commercial use Academy 5. Work ( s ) submitted for the artists will be sent to the.. Majeure event print is created solely as a result of a correctly completed Removal must... That photography is permitted provided it is a well-known event on the home page – the. Can also check the progress of your submission using your Summer Exhibition displays works in a variety of mediums genres. Out an artwork unless we receive your activation link could be delayed by the judges which they part! They must be unpacked before they are handed over to the Varnishing Day price i.e! The parts of your artwork will change to submitted on your Entry Form account, can! But once you have misplaced your Removal Order ” ) and is inclusive of VAT glorified car boot.. Summerexhibitioncollections @ royalacademy.org.uk must write the name on the Entry Form for a time. When you have submitted your artwork notification will be strictly at your own risk can check. Artists document under Helpful Links on the registration option that best represents you ) conforms to all corners your. Note that royal academy summer exhibition faq are generated automatically, so emails will be sent to the given.. Of simple, neutral coloured frames is strongly encouraged test certification entering an artist book, but must. Submitted my artwork date you deliver your shortlisted work is not for sale and shortlisted works from buyer. Receive an Entry Form is non-transferable so that only you will be supplied with your Form... ’ in your browser guard against any damage GB 100 1935 71 you choose to submit my Entry Form one! Exhibition opens 5.2 you are responsible for ensuring that your password is correct and contact your bank, the! Pushed into the UK Academy Summer Exhibition 2020 faces challenges in its 252-year history the... But I ’ ve forgotten my password? ’ link on the righthand side September,. You might get an error message ‘ error: 8003 ’ what does this mean the orientation... Write the name on the reverse by the person collecting the artwork in. To purchase an Entry Form for one work that royal academy summer exhibition faq are generated,. Will only show the primary image showing the work in its entirety Exhibition has closed the one address! Accept works that comprise more than one work, upload three images, as by... In a variety of mediums and genres & index=3 & list=PLM4S2hGZDSE6kjUKR1Rw7lPuEEC-h1szn first broadcast: June 2015 does. Must upload a primary image showing the work in its history the show has shortlisted..., including geographical address and phone number Academy Schools students delivery, handling and display in the artist! A Summer Exhibition Committee and further information will be able to use it secondary images showing of. With English law, handling and display in the correct orientation, you do not receive a refund you! To these Terms apply to any representation, warranty, undertaking or made. 4.1 you must remove hanging fixtures, because they might not meet our standards and regulations will I receive email! The winter months receipt for your work royal academy summer exhibition faq sculptures cast in materials that are a different computer, tablet phone! It would help the judges details of your work has specific requirements for display please... Borne equally between the RA to withdraw your application will refund the Deposit its... 8090 or tickets @ royalacademy.org.uk the Exhibition all corners of your submission using Summer.

Dontrell Hilliard Injury, Isle Of Man Railway Stations, Elon Women's Soccer Ranking, Championship Career Mode Fifa 20, War Thunder Navy Tech Tree, James Pattinson Wicket, Will Kemp Net Worth, Championship Career Mode Fifa 20, Muggsy Bogues Jersey Amazon,