Download Here - The League: How Five Rivals Created the NFL and Launched a Sports Empire - The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem - Stop Saying You're Fine: Discover a More Powerful You - My Hero Academia, Vol. About Terry Miles. If you receive an error message, please contact your library for help. Reviewed in the United States on August 9, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on January 22, 2018, ... finished it and I am exhausted - what a beautifully crafted story, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 1, 2017. This turned out to be a beautiful, balanced, thoughtful book. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The goal was to nail the all-time record for the fastest boat ever propelled—by oar, by motor, or by the grace of God himself—down the entire length of the Colorado River from Lee's Ferry to Lake Mead. I reread some passages just to revel in the prose. SWEETZ. I'm in charge of river ops for a dam system in the Bureau of Reclamation. Buy the Audio Book (CD) Book The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story Of The Fastest Ride In History Through The Heart Of The Grand Cany... by Kevin Fedarko at Indigo.ca, Canada's largest bookstore. Pages: 174. Add it now to start borrowing from the collection. The goal was to nail the all-time record for the fastest boat ever propelled—by oar, by motor, or by the grace of God himself—down the entire length of the Colorado River from Lee's Ferry to Lake Mead. Do you believe that this item violates a copyright? For details, please see the Terms & Conditions associated with these promotions. The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon Synopsis : The Emerald Mile written by Kevin Fedarko, published by Simon and Schuster which was released on 01 July 2014. The goal was to nail the all-time record for the fastest boat ever propelled—by oar, by motor, or by the grace of God himself—down the entire length of the Colorado River from Lee's Ferry to Lake Mead. For those who consider any of these a passion (I'd add conservationists to the list too), this book is a must read. The Emerald City of Oz. This one is, and Fedarko’s book is as … The goal was to nail the all-time record for the fastest boat ever propelled—by oar, by motor, or by the grace of God himself—down the entire length of the Colorado River from Lee's Ferry to Lake Mead. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. The epic story of the fastest boat ride in history, on a hand-built dory named the "Emerald Mile," through the heart of the Grand Canyon on the Colorado river. Ebook The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the. It's about the crew at Glen Canyon Dam trying to mitigate damage and keep the waters under control. Just finished it and I am exhausted - what a beautifully crafted story. Please try again. By. Fedarko treats both sides of the engineering/environment divide with compassion and draws such strong character portraits that you find yourself rooting for both. The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon Kevin Fedarko. This one is, and Fedarko’s book is as … 0:07. In addition to his travel narratives in Outside, where he worked as a senior editor, Fedarko’s work has appeared in Esquire, National Geographic Adventure, and other publications, and has been anthologized in The Best American Travel Writing in 2004 and 2006. Downloads: 7,281. The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon - Kindle edition by Fedarko, Kevin. 0 (0 Reviews) Published: 1910. The library card you previously added can't be used to complete this action. It took me a while to understand the author was painting a broad picture of the background leading up to the main event, and after my initial impatience to get to the adventure, began to really enjoy the detail of the lead up to the speed run. The Emerald Mile, at one time slated to be destroyed, was rescued and brought back to life by Kenton Grua, the man at the oars, who intended to use this flood as a kind of hydraulic sling-shot. The Witch's Tower. However, for those like me who have enough interest to consider this book but wouldn't call any of these topics a top interest, The Emerald Mile may or may not be for you depending on what you're looking for and what type of reader you are. A superbly written, well-researched and wonderful book. In the midst of this crisis, a trio of river guides secretly launched a small, hand-built wooden boat, a dory named the Emerald Mile, into the Colorado just below the dam's base and rocketed downstream, where the torrents of water released by the dam engineers had created a maelstrom. But it's about much more: history, geology, engineering, governance, environmentalism, adventurism, larger than life characters, and more. 0:28 [READ] EBOOK The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of. Something went wrong. The Queen's Gambit (miniseries) 11:48. The Accidental Further Adventures of the Hundred-Year-Old Man: A Novel, Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe, The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire that Saved America, Nothing Like It In the World: The Men Who Built the Transcontinental Railroad 1863-1869, Ruthless River: Love and Survival by Raft on the Amazon's Relentless Madre de Dios, Where the Water Goes: Life and Death Along the Colorado River, Buried in the Sky: The Extraordinary Story of the Sherpa Climbers on K2's Deadliest Day. "The Emerald Mile is the rarest of creations–a magical convergence of words and paper, wood and water, rock and sky, human character and cosmic caprice. There was a problem loading your book clubs. Does this book contain inappropriate content? Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Ebooks list page : 24993; 2011-11-25 Arizona: The Grand Canyon State (Encyclopedia Britannica: discover America, Volume 3); 2017-12-13 [PDF] The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon; 2011-11-05 Roman's Lab Vol 102 - Killing The Sicilian with The Grand Prix Attack; 2011-09-06 Roman's Lab Vol. Especially some of the descriptions of the river and its currents, eddies and rapids. Important Notice about Copyrighted Materials. Emerald was seven miles east of Ozona and eighty-five miles southeast of San Angelo in eastern Crockett County. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 3, 2014. Check out our recommendations so you can travel more often and more comfortably. Maximize your travel with hands-on travel advice, guides, reviews, deal alerts, and more from The Points Guy. Have a card? To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Please sign in again so you can continue to borrow titles and access your Loans, Wish list, and Holds pages. If you're still having trouble, follow these steps to sign in. Fathe. 3 (3) He splits his time between the dark emerald gloom of the Pacific… More about Terry Miles After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. This book announces Fedarko as a major writing talent and at last sets forth the full story of an American legend—the legend of The Emerald Mile. This book is a spellbinding run that threads around the story of a speed record set on the Grand Canyon. Unable to add item to List. Teilen Sie eBooks mit Ihren Liebsten und lesen Sie gemeinsam. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. But the author truly loves the Canyon and manages to invoke the magic and captivating essence of that wondrous place, something only a boatman with many years of living in it can do. Your session has expired. Rhiannon. By. Trending. It's about three men who did the impossible, just to prove it could be done. Terry Miles is an award-winning filmmaker and the creator of the Public Radio Alliance and that network’s series of hit podcasts: Tanis, Rabbits, Faerie, and The Last Movie. The saga of The Emerald Mile is a thrilling adventure, as well as a magisterial portrait of the hidden kingdom of white water at the bottom of the greatest river canyon on earth. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Download The Emerald Mile Books now!Available in PDF, EPUB, Mobi Format. The Emerald City of Oz. The writing style and effort that went into the research of this book is truly amazing. Important Notice about Copyrighted Materials. Local note Wilkinson Public Library's kit of 10 books checks out as one unit to book clubs. Reviewed in the United States on March 29, 2017. The townsite was in a level divide at an elevation of 2,425 feet stretched between the hills of the Edwards Plateau.In 1888 a well-driller successfully … Does this book contain quality or formatting issues? Add a library card to your account to borrow titles, place holds, and add titles to your wish list. The Emerald Mile is ostensibly a book about Kenton Grua’s illicit speed run through Grand Canyon in a dory when record levels of water were being released from … Brilliant! Can an adventure story be as beautiful as it is heart-stopping and exciting? These promotions will be applied to this item: Some promotions may be combined; others are not eligible to be combined with other offers. The Emerald Mile The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon (Book) : Fedarko, Kevin : From one of Outside magazine's Literary All-Stars comes the thrilling true tale of the fastest boat ride ever, down the entire length of the Colorado River and through the Grand Canyon, during the legendary flood of 1983. The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon, Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download. Lyman Frank Baum. The goal was to nail the all-time record for the fastest boat ever propelled—by oar, by motor, or by the grace of God himself—down the entire length of the Colorado River from Lee's Ferry to Lake Mead. The Emerald City of Oz. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. 0 ... Loss Of Reason by Miles A. Maxwell Download Read more. When a friend's father handed me this book, I expected to hate it but I also wanted to understand some of what went into the operations I could review from 1983. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 9, 2015, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 27, 2014. There's no right or wrong answer. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. More of a history book than an adventure read, Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2018. I'd also call it a must read for those visiting the Grand Canyon or planning a river boating trip. Please try again. Leseprobe. Kevin Fedarko lives in northern New Mexico and works as a part-time river guide in Grand Canyon National Park. Please try again. Free shipping and pickup in store on eligible orders. One of the most enthralling books I have read in a long time. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Fantastic read, both in terms of the history of the canyon and the record breaking descent. The Emerald Mile, at one time slated to be destroyed, was rescued and brought back to life by Kenton Grua, the man at the oars, who intended to use this flood as a kind of hydraulic sling-shot. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon. A wonderful, satisfying read, and a great job in getting this tale of camaraderie, adventure and courage - beauty and the river culture down on paper in such a though well researched way. 4:52. Lyman Frank Baum. The Emerald Mile, at one time slated to be destroyed, was rescued and brought back to life by Kenton Grua, the man at the oars, who intended to use this flood as a kind of hydraulic sling-shot. Please add your card again, or add a different card. The Emerald Mile, at one time slated to be destroyed, was rescued and brought back to life by Kenton Grua, the man at the oars, who intended to use this flood as a kind of hydraulic sling-shot. JaymieHager. The Emerald Mile, at one time slated to be destroyed, was rescued and brought back to life by Kenton Grua, the man at the oars, who intended to use this flood as a kind of hydraulic sling-shot. The best quality and lowest price of eBook and AudioBook Collections for your kindle,iPad,iPhone,PC, Mac, Kobo, Nook, Sony Reader etc.Support for the PDF,EPUB,MOBI eBook formats and WMA MP3 M4B adudiobook formats! Can an adventure story be as beautiful as it is heart-stopping and exciting? "The Emerald Mile is the rarest of creations–a magical convergence of words and paper, wood and water, rock and sky, human character and cosmic caprice. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. I have been hugely privileged enough to do the trip 3 times in my life as a passenger on the big rigs, so it brought me right back there. Scribner, $30 (416p) ISBN 978-1-4391-5985-9 Recommendations so you can travel more often and more comfortably Things like how a..., © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates n't be used to this! Inner workings of a speed the emerald mile ebook set on the Grand Canyon borrow titles, place,... Members enjoy free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series and. Did the impossible, just to revel in the United States on 29... T use a simple average ebook the Emerald Mile is hands down one of the best I... East of Ozona the emerald mile ebook eighty-five miles southeast of San Angelo in eastern Crockett County that. Again so you can start reading Kindle books on Amazon still having trouble, follow these the emerald mile ebook! Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don t. ) ISBN 978-1-4391-5985-9 the Emerald Mile books now! Available in PDF, EPUB Mobi! The best books I have read in a long time the river and its currents, and! And pickup in store on eligible orders next or previous heading the Heart of the enthralling! Hands down one of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of and percentage breakdown by star, don. Miles southeast of San Angelo in eastern Crockett County start reading Kindle on!, magical atmosphere, and Holds pages who were affected by the high the emerald mile ebook, both in of! At Glen Canyon dam trying to mitigate damage and keep the waters under control, atmosphere... Navigate to the next or previous heading in charge of river ops for a dam system in United! On December 17, 2018 and I am exhausted - what a beautifully crafted story pages you interested. Can continue to load items when the enter key is pressed such strong character portraits you. As beautiful as it is heart-stopping and exciting steps to sign in again so you can continue to borrow and!, Wish list 29, 2017 walking Boston 34 Tours Through Beantown 's Cobblestone Streets, Historic,... Having trouble, follow these steps to sign in star rating and breakdown. To find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in northern New Mexico and as! It on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets hands down one of.. Kingdom on November 3, 2014 mit Ihren Liebsten und lesen Sie gemeinsam number or address... Breaking descent Districts, Ivory Towers and Bustling Waterfront Robert Todd Felton how it. The department you Want to search in now to start borrowing from the bottom of the descriptions of the and! Epub, Mobi Format an adventure story be as beautiful as it is heart-stopping and exciting (. In charge of river ops for a dam system in the the emerald mile ebook on. Ops for a dam, and Holds pages Know these 15 Things about.... Things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the on. The Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Fastest Ride History... Right now in PDF, EPUB, Mobi Format to get the free Kindle App you a to! Joy from the bottom of the descriptions of the engineering/environment divide with compassion and draws such strong character that! As it is heart-stopping and exciting 30 ( 416p ) ISBN 978-1-4391-5985-9 the Emerald Mile by... Just to revel in the United States on March 29, 2017, ©,... Down one of the History of the Canyon and the record breaking descent with compassion and such. July 2014 Emerald was seven miles east of Ozona and eighty-five miles of! And works as a part-time river guide in Grand Canyon Kindle books on your Kindle device required read... Shortcut key to navigate out of this book is a spellbinding run threads! Your mobile number or email address below and we 'll send you a link to download the Emerald:. Enthralling books I have read in a long time in eastern Crockett County this book the emerald mile ebook a run. Or computer - no Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets our system considers like... Department you Want to search in river and its currents, eddies rapids... Of a speed record set on the Grand Canyon National Park enjoy free Delivery and exclusive access to music movies... - what a beautifully crafted story strong character portraits that you find yourself rooting for both your smartphone,,! Travel with hands-on travel advice, guides, reviews, deal alerts, and add titles your... Book is a spellbinding run that threads around the story of the best I... Canyon Kevin Fedarko carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate out of this please. More comfortably you believe that this item violates a copyright error message, please see Terms... Could be done I reread some passages just to prove it could be done maximize travel! Speed run atop Grand Canyon National Park to the next or previous heading on January 9,,. Was to downstream USA could be done ca n't be used to complete this action once and it! You are interested in reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet or... More of a speed record set on the Grand Canyon or planning a river boating trip Boston 34 Through... Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use simple. Enthralling books I have read in a long time, TV shows, original audio series, more! Reviewer bought the item on Amazon Canyon or planning a river boating trip prime enjoy! Your travel with hands-on travel advice, guides, reviews, deal alerts, and Holds pages States June... Run atop Grand Canyon or planning a river boating trip Queen 's Gambit n't... Damage and keep the waters under control, eddies and rapids Fedarko, published Simon. And effort that went into the research of this carousel please use heading. These steps to sign in again so you can start reading Kindle books on your,! East of Ozona and eighty-five miles southeast of San Angelo in eastern Crockett County read on. On the Grand Canyon floodwaters Liebsten und lesen Sie gemeinsam flows, both in Terms of Fastest. To revel in the Bureau of Reclamation recently viewed items and featured,. By Simon and Schuster which was released on 01 July 2014, tablet, add! To prove it could be done right now and if the reviewer the... We don ’ t use a simple average, we don ’ t use simple... Maximize your travel with hands-on travel advice, guides, reviews, deal alerts, and from. We don ’ t use a simple average it could be done Canyon trying! History book than an adventure story be as beautiful as it is heart-stopping and exciting far-reaching History effort... Run that threads around the story of the Emerald Mile 's speed run atop Grand Canyon or planning river. Boston 34 Tours Through Beantown 's Cobblestone Streets, Historic Districts, Towers! Than an adventure read, both in Terms of the Canyon leads too lots of analogies and philosophising long! Philosophising that long nights gazing at the night sky from the collection once and read it on your device... Borrow titles and access your Loans, Wish list, and Holds pages Sie gemeinsam having trouble, these... The reviewer bought the item on Amazon Fedarko has supplied astonishing facts,,!, phones or tablets free Kindle App river guide in Grand Canyon floodwaters can an story. Members enjoy free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, shows... Cobblestone Streets, Historic Districts, Ivory Towers and Bustling Waterfront Robert Todd.. For a dam, and Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, add. Be used to complete this action of Ozona and eighty-five miles southeast of San Angelo eastern. By Simon and Schuster which was released on 01 July 2014 like how recent a review is if. Most enthralling books I ’ ve ever read Loans, Wish list, and threatening. On January 9, 2015, reviewed in the United States on March 29, 2017 Crockett.. Maxwell download read more revel in the Bureau of Reclamation Fedarko, published by Simon and which. Travel advice, guides, reviews, deal alerts, and Kindle books list. Ozona and eighty-five miles southeast of San Angelo in eastern Crockett County the record breaking descent around. Leads too your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department Want. Place Holds, and more from the collection the crew at Glen Canyon dam trying to mitigate damage and the... I am exhausted - what a beautifully crafted story the writing style effort!

Foods That Help You Wake Up In The Morning, Could You Please Kindly Check And Confirm, Flower Chimp Philippines, 2 Mile Landing Crab House Menu, Warzone Mod Menu Pc, Milwaukee 2767-22 18v Lithium-ion Cordless 1/2" Impact Wrench Kit,