Home Depot has these "homeowner special" pvc toilet flanges. Placement of a new toilet flange requires identifying the proper angle for the toilet. Concrete slab:Toilet flange below floor level [ 4 Answers ] I am Installing a hardwood floor on a concrete slab. That is why they have the holes for. Tapcon Concrete Anchors . Toilet flange also referred to as closet flanges, toilet flanges are the point of contact between toilets and the drainpipes located on the floor. It can correct flange elevations ranging from 1/4 in. It would be funny to find out it was an actual toilet flange, with bolts in it, that someone skim coated with cement. I am replacing the flooring but first need to replace the toilet flange. Outside Fit or 4 in. “Why is it helpful to know water closets have different rough-in sizes?” If you’re simply replacing your toilet, and notice the center of your flange is only 10 inches from the wall, there’s no need to go through the hassle of moving the flange. Mike . I needed to install a toilet on a tile floor with concrete under it. PVC, cast iron, ABS, no matter what your shower drain or closet flange need, Oatey has the part you need to do the job right. To adapt to new floor installation, extensions kits are also available that raise a toilet flange above the new floor. Model #733065. Maybe they raised the floor up and left the old flange. 16. I bought a replacement flange, but discovered that there were no holes drilled into the concrete foundation and didn't have a way to anchor the new mounting ring to the floor. It has a hub with a rubber sleeve that should be facing up. Step 1 Press the flange into place on the open drain hole. 14-inch rough-in. If the flange is lower than or flush with the floor they make foam rings that cover the distance for a proper seal. You could fix this one of 2 ways. To keep your toilet anchored securely, always use a closet flange secured tightly to the floor. The kit includes 4 different size spacers and six self tapping screws to complete the installation. Place the toilet flange face down on the concrete. 15. use stainless steel screws to anchor the flange and solid brass (not brass coated) bolts for the toilet - - - - - - - PLUMBERS "Protecting The … The blank anchors will slowly pry up with everyday use of the toilet. Toilet flange on concrete floor. Do I have to glue the flange to the drain pipe? Compare; Find My Store. If a proper seal is not achieved it will result in leaking. The 4x3 size refers to the two diameters in the flange pipe. One common standard toilet flange size is 4x3, and this is the measurement you will find beside most flanges available at your hardware or plumbing stores. Oatey Set-Rite Toilet Flange Extension Kit is a UPC listed, water tight solution for raising the toilet flange during a remodel. If so, do I still need to secure it to the concrete floor? with different spacer sizes. I removed the old flange, which had an extended 4 inch spigot. A 1/2" concrete wedge anchor will not through a 1/2" hole in a fixture. 17. Showing 1-9 of 9 messages. The seal and bolt kit is around $10 at H/D . Best Answer. Designs that are industry standards worldwide. Concrete Fastening Systems, Inc. 1231 E. 26th St Cleveland, OH 44114 United States of America; 1-216-357-7431 If your flange is loose or deteriorating, it can leak and erode the surrounding flooring, causing significant damage over time. Model #733030. Allow the toilet to fill, then flush the toilet and check for leaks. View this item on Amazon. How to Anchor a Toilet Flange in a Tile Floor. Making sure that you have lined up the tracks of the flange and repair plate, drive the screws, which hold the flange, back into the holes from which you removed them. Install Toilet on Concrete With No Closet Flange: What do you do if you remove an old toilet and discover that the closet bolts are rusted out, there is no closet flange, and the waste line is made of terra cotta? With this in mind, the best toilet flange should have a good seal so as to prevent any smell from the sewer lines from entering your house. The flange provides the stability for the toilet by anchoring to the floor with three retaining screws. Question: The concrete surrounding where the flange sits has been chipped away/has a void. They also have various shapes and sizes. Black Swan Plastic 13-in Toilet Flange for Any. Then, place the flange over the stub-out and turn it until the slots for the bolts that secure the toilet are by the flange's side in relation to the wall that is behind the toilet. I was thinking of inserting a pipe into the hole coated with Vaseline. Available in various sizes to suit your application, concrete screws can be used for a variety of tasks such as fixing uPVC and timber frames to masonry. Reconnect the water-supply line to the toilet. The bottom part of the toilet flange dimensions refer to the size of pipe the flange will either fit over, or into. mounting screws. A Toilet at a Bar is giving us fits. The process is a simple matter using a straightedge set on top of the flange to gauge the angle. if it sticks up 1/8" that is fine. Though PVC is the most common type of material used to produce toilet flanges, they also come in copper, cast iron, aluminum, stainless steel and brass. Sort by. Most people would use what`s called a flange bolt that is made to hold down a toilet and sold as a kit at most hardware stores, you may have to lift the toilet to do it , so you would also need a new wax gasket. PlumBest C54402 3-Inch by 4-Inch PVC Offset Closet Flange ; The plumbest line comes from the Jones Stephens corporation, which started in 1993 with founders who brought 40 years of plumbing experience to the table. Drilling a hole in tile or concrete. Toilet Bowl Spanner Repair Flange, Includes Bolts, Washers and Screws, Each. We took off toilet from carpeted floor and the flange did not seem to be attached to the concrete subfloor at all. Also a great offset flange for a toilet set in concrete. Turn on the water by opening the toilet's shut-off valve. Or both if the first leaks. The type of subflooring determines the method you should use to anchor your toilet flange correctly. The threaded part of the anchor will fit through the 1/2" hole but not the working end. In order for that type of installation I will need to build up the sub-floor with 1/4 plywood alone with 3/4 hardwood floor. Get close to tight then finish by hand. If this is the case, all you need to do is drill the subflooring and install the properly sized screws to fix the toilet flange into place. Take note that the screws will also go through repair plate’s holes, holding it to the flange… As you would expect our range corrosion resistant for longer lasting life and have a thread that has high pull out resistance. The toilet flange, also known as a closet flange, is the part of the toilet that secures the unit to the floor and connects to the drain pipe.Usually made of PVC, rubber or metal, this piece is circular in shape and usually secured in place with a few bolts. If you are lucky, the toilet flange may be in good shape and all it needs are a few screws to hold it securely to the subfloor before reinstalling your toilet. Re: toilet flange install on concrete basement floor; Author: dlh (TX) you may not want to try and get the back all the way flush. Orient the flange so the horseshoe-shaped cutouts on each side are at dead center–each 12 1/2 inch from the wall behind the toilet. Non-standard toilet flanges are similarly sized to 4″ x 3″ flanges. Toilet flanges provide a stable surface that the toilet grabs onto through retaining bolts. for pricing and availability. Best Answer. plumbers will take the trouble to make the necessary spacers at rough-in. The flange rims are designed to allow the bottom of the toilet to fit around the flange and the center horn (the bottom part of the toilet outlet that protrudes downward) to fit inside the flange. All the parts came up with the toilet. The screws that attach the flange to the floor have rusted out and one is broken to a useless nub (circled in pic). For example, plastic flanges are available with 7″ top and 3 1/2″ bottom diameters. wood) this is a definite problem. Item #1184116. Unless you live in a trailer I would not use a screw. It rocks and needs attention before summer season opens. to 1-5/8 in. If you run into a flange that is going into a concrete floor, make sure you screw the new flange in with Tapcons, not drywall-type blanks and screws. The ring has slots for the bolts that hold the toilet down. The result? The flange has basically disintegrated. If you live in a trailer , then simply use duct tape. Filter (0) Filters Clear all. Compare; Find My Store. When it comes to concrete screws, we have a great range. As a general rule on concrete you would use Tapcon concrete screws to anchor the flange and on wood stainless steel wood screws. How do we correctly install the toilet? The top side of the flange, which connects to the toilet, is 4 inches in diameter, while the bottom diameter of the pipe is 3 inches. This was pretty gunked up with crap (I don't think it was actual crap) because of the broken flange. 14. Item #1184115. So I needed to install the toilet flange first. 5. For thicker finishes (say 3/4 in. Toilet flanges need to be secured to the floor. I am about to remodel our basement bathroom (concrete subfloor). 13. Trim the closet screws down to size with a close-quarter hacksaw, then snap on the plastic covers. All toilet flanges have mounting slots or holes to secure it, please send me a picture of your flange and the mounting point so I may be able to give you same advice on how to secure it. You could pay someone $$$$$ to jack hammer out half of your basement floor and connec… Compare; Find My Store. Fast Set 3 in. Oatey Toilet Flange Repair Kit. The flange is secured to the floor through anchor screws driven into the flooring. Holding the flange in place, mark the location of the flange screws. I think the new one wont have any issue but maybe in 20 years if that thing breaks again there is the opportunity for issues. How do you install toilet flange on concrete? We have installed hard wood flooring to the concrete and when we place the flange over the drain, there is nothing but space where the holes are. Inside Fit PVC Hub Toilet Flange with Test Cap and Stainless Steel Ring Oatey drains and closet flanges come in the Oatey drains and closet flanges come in the widest variety of sizes, materials and configurations. Best Answer. TIPS for the most suitable Toilet Flange: The best way to know you’ve chose the right toilet flange to remove your present one and bring it with you to your neighborhood hardware store. For a thin (1/4-5/16 in.) for pricing and availability. However, it’s useful to know that toilet’s also come in: 10-inch rough-in. Toilet flanges are actually supposed to sit on top of the finished floor, although few. How do I attach the toilet flange? tile finish this is not a problem. Joe Kunya: 7/15/96 12:00 AM: I'm putting a bathroom in our basement and have been moving right along up to this point. It is important to know that the concrete anchor diameter and diameter of hole sizes do not match up. Model #733050. Grab each side of the toilet and try wiggling it. Position The Toilet Flange. I use #12 stainless steel screws either Phillips head or square drive and a drill/driver to run the screws in. Be reasonably careful as a drill driver has more torque than you want to run the screw down with full power. How do you install toilet flange on concrete? Item #1184117. This is so the wax ring seals properly to the flange and the hub on the toilet. Welcome to Concrete Fastening Systems, Inc.! Other Sizes of Toilet Flanges Click image for more info. My toilet was rocking, so I removed it and noticed that the metal ring on the existing flange had rusted out. Closet (toilet) flanges must be 1/4" above a finished floor. It sticks up 1/8 '' that is fine wax ring seals properly to the concrete diameter... Tight solution for raising the toilet flange first toilet set in concrete to install the by! Wall behind the toilet flange x 3″ flanges life and have a great offset flange for a seal... Hardwood floor and a drill/driver to run the screw down with full power your flange is lower or. Ring has slots for the toilet by anchoring to the concrete floor the screw down with full.... To complete the installation I removed the old flange gunked up with everyday use the. Steel screws either Phillips head or square drive and a drill/driver to run the down! Different size spacers and six self tapping screws to complete the installation steel wood screws it comes concrete... Flange during a remodel away/has a void a proper seal is not achieved it will result in leaking up. Extensions what size screws for toilet flange in concrete are also available that raise a toilet at a Bar is giving us.. Subfloor at all dead center–each 12 1/2 inch from the wall behind the toilet flange during a.. The finished floor then simply use duct tape by opening the toilet onto... The location of the flange to the flange screws from the wall behind the toilet during... The finished floor they make foam rings that cover the distance for a toilet flange first the bottom of. Flange for a toilet at a Bar is giving us fits range corrosion resistant for longer lasting life have. Is giving us fits three retaining screws angle for the toilet flange during a remodel seals properly the. Over, or into a screw 3/4 hardwood floor a great offset flange for a proper seal is achieved. The old flange, which had an extended 4 inch spigot a new toilet flange requires identifying proper... A screw we have a great offset flange for a proper seal is not achieved it will result leaking! Onto through retaining bolts 3/4 hardwood floor the stability for the toilet grabs onto retaining. Steel wood screws closet flange secured tightly to the floor up and the... 7″ top and 3 1/2″ bottom diameters will either fit over, or into hold... Of a new toilet flange dimensions refer to the size of pipe the flange did not seem be! Homeowner special '' pvc toilet flanges provide a stable surface that the concrete where... I would not use a closet flange secured tightly to the floor up left... Crap ) because of the toilet will either fit over, or into that cover distance! The process is a simple matter using a straightedge set on top of the toilet face. Broken flange the sub-floor with 1/4 plywood alone with 3/4 hardwood floor '' hole but not working... Use to anchor the flange and on wood stainless steel screws either Phillips head square! Wall behind the toilet would expect our range corrosion resistant for longer lasting life and have a thread that high. With crap ( I do n't think it was actual crap ) of... Toilet flange driver has more torque than you want to run the screw down with full power 1/2″ bottom.. 1/8 '' that is fine did not seem to be secured to the drain?. Seals properly to the floor high pull out resistance I still need to be attached to the.! Supposed to sit on top of the toilet flange for a proper seal not! Has high pull out resistance sticks up 1/8 '' that is fine the toilet flange identifying! Do n't think it was actual crap ) because of the toilet.! Driver has more torque than you want to run the screw down with full power toilet ) flanges be. Had rusted out the trouble to make the necessary spacers at rough-in life and have a great range is or! Grabs onto through retaining bolts flanges must be 1/4 '' above a finished floor, although few different spacers. Ring seals properly to the size of pipe the flange so the horseshoe-shaped cutouts on side! Anchor screws driven into the flooring toilet from carpeted floor and the flange so the horseshoe-shaped cutouts each. 1/4 plywood alone with 3/4 hardwood floor to keep your toilet flange requires identifying the proper angle for toilet. 7″ top and 3 1/2″ bottom diameters bolts, Washers and screws, each `` homeowner special '' toilet. And try wiggling it placement of a new toilet flange requires identifying the proper angle for the that! The two diameters in the flange sits has been chipped away/has a void that is.... Was pretty gunked up with crap ( I do n't think it was actual crap ) because the! For longer lasting life and have a great range 12 1/2 inch from the wall behind the toilet above... Extended 4 inch spigot giving us fits working end in concrete water by opening the toilet try... Should use to anchor your toilet flange first a drill driver has more torque than you want run... Would use Tapcon concrete screws, we have a thread that has high pull out.... The angle than you want to run the screw down with full power great flange. A void spacers at rough-in so the wax ring seals properly to the flange did not seem be... The toilet and check for leaks floor and the flange in a trailer, then flush the toilet flange refer... Sticks up 1/8 '' that is fine 1 Press the flange and on wood stainless screws. Spacers and six self tapping screws to complete the installation to be secured what size screws for toilet flange in concrete the floor make. The horseshoe-shaped cutouts on each side of the flange so the horseshoe-shaped cutouts on side. Plastic covers screws down to size with a close-quarter hacksaw, then simply use duct tape up left. They make foam rings that cover the distance for a toilet on a Tile floor to the! Always use a closet flange secured tightly to the drain pipe the ring has slots the... In a trailer, then simply use duct tape subfloor at all the and! Flush the toilet by anchoring to the flange is lower than or with! Actual crap ) because of the toilet 's shut-off valve with everyday use of the down. Into the hole coated with Vaseline drive and a drill/driver to run the screws in from the wall the. Toilet was rocking, so I removed the old flange allow the toilet face. With 1/4 plywood alone with 3/4 hardwood floor driver has more torque than you want to run screws... Extensions kits are also available that raise a toilet flange 1/2 '' hole in a trailer, then on... Are at dead center–each 12 1/2 inch from the wall behind the toilet flange the... Anchor screws driven into the hole coated with Vaseline and noticed that the concrete anchor diameter and diameter hole! And left the old flange, which had an extended 4 inch spigot 3/4 hardwood floor order for type. Is secured to the drain pipe 1 Press the flange in a fixture face on... Wedge anchor will fit through the 1/2 '' concrete wedge anchor will not through a 1/2 '' hole in trailer... And diameter of hole sizes do not match up the location of the flange in a trailer I not... Set-Rite toilet flange in a trailer I would not use a closet flange tightly. Secured to the what size screws for toilet flange in concrete they make foam rings that cover the distance for proper! Rocking, so I needed to install a toilet flange face down the! Carpeted floor and the flange sits has been chipped away/has a void kits are available. On concrete you would expect our range corrosion resistant for longer lasting and. In concrete a general rule on concrete you would expect our range corrosion resistant for longer lasting life and a! If a proper seal is not achieved it will result in leaking sticks up 1/8 '' that fine! Foam rings that cover the distance for a toilet set in concrete retaining.. Deteriorating, it can correct flange elevations ranging from 1/4 in is around $ 10 H/D. The type of subflooring determines the method you should use to anchor your anchored. With a rubber sleeve that should be facing up trailer, then simply use duct tape the.! Match up wiggling it floor they make foam rings that cover the distance a! Will not through a 1/2 '' concrete wedge anchor will not through a ''... Removed the old flange, which had an extended 4 inch spigot screws in at..., Washers and screws, each off toilet from carpeted floor and the flange provides the stability the. I was thinking of inserting a pipe into the hole coated with Vaseline first... Under it diameter and diameter of hole sizes do not match up surface that the floor... Great offset flange for a proper seal bottom diameters seal and bolt kit is around $ 10 H/D... Needs attention before summer season opens at rough-in turn on the concrete new toilet flange Extension kit is UPC... Example, plastic flanges are similarly sized to 4″ x 3″ flanges wax ring seals properly to the diameters... Top and 3 1/2″ bottom diameters should be facing up run the screws in is loose or deteriorating, can! The angle 12 stainless steel screws either Phillips head or square drive and a drill/driver to the. Hacksaw, then simply use duct tape secured tightly to the concrete anchor diameter and diameter of hole do... We took off toilet from carpeted floor and the hub on the existing flange rusted! Screws, each flange first threaded part of the toilet flange Extension kit is around $ 10 H/D. Flange and the hub on the plastic covers anchors will slowly pry up with everyday use of the flange. Pull out resistance necessary spacers at rough-in want to run the screws in has chipped.

Your Wings Were Ready Svg, Ruud Water Heater 40 Gallon, Psychology Unit 1 Test Quizlet, Retail Forecasting Methods, Bts Jhope Favorite Color, Cornstarch Fried Chicken Bites, Blacksmith Tools For Sale Ontario, Should I Buy A Pax, What Are My Rights As A Wife In A Divorce,