Yes, it's expensive, but it's also an excellent outdoor security camera. The Wyze Bulb screws into any lighting outlet using the standard screw mount. As I mentioned before, my only complaint here is that the bulb doesn't dim down as low as the competition. The Ambient verdict: Wyze bulb review Wyze offers smart home cameras and devices packed with features at a price that is accessible for all. Yes, it's really that easy. Voilà. I liked them so much that when the Wyze bulb came out I wanted to try it right away. It doesn't dim down quite as low as the competition, and it doesn't currently support Apple HomeKit, which means that you can't control it with Siri. The bulb doesn't dim down quite as low as some of its competitors, and it doesn't support Siri voice controls via Apple HomeKit. When you're away, vacation mode will turn your Wyze lights on and off at random, making it look like you're home. Wyze Cam includes 1080p full HD video, smart motion and sound alerts, and 14-day fee cloud storage at a revolutionary price of $20. And that full spectrum of white light color temperature settings, ranging from a candle-like soft white to stark white daylight tones? The brightness range seemed standard, although I wish I could make the Wyze Bulb a little dimmer than allowed. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. You can ask your voice assistant to make a Wyze Bulb brighter, dimmer, warmer or cooler. Though you can schedule automated lighting changes at specific times, the app won't let you schedule lighting changes at sunrise or sunset, and it won't let you trigger slow fades, either. With a maximum light output that's well above 900 lumens, the Wyze Bulb is one of the brightest white light smart bulbs you can buy, but it doesn't dim down quite as low as the competition. Wyze bulbs come in only one color “800 Lumen Tunable White LED” so they aren’t bulbs I would normally purchase. Defaults to a daylight tone that’s plenty bright at 921 lumens, and you can also adjust the color temperature to warmer soft white hues. The Wyze Bulb is an affordable white LED light that you can control with your voice, phone, and lots of other smart home devices. The company pledges to keep profit margins in check, and to cut out "channel fat" by selling its products direct to consumers online. SimpliSafe's DIY home security system remains an outstanding value in its class. The 8000 Lumen LED Wyze Bulb, which is a very affordable $8, has adjustable timers, temperature and brightness features. As I mentioned in that review, the Wyze Smart Home Starter pack comes with 3 lights, 2 smart plugs, a camera, 2 contact sensors, a motion sensor, a bridge, and a 32gb microSD Card for the camera. This way your lights will still work if your internet goes down. Visit our corporate site. Very affordable. The Good At just $8 each, the Wyze Bulb works with Alexa, Google and IFTTT, and you don't need a hub to use it. If I just told you “they're light bulbs,” would you stop reading here? The bulb itself is brighter than advertised, and the app includes useful features like scenes, shortcuts and a vacation mode. I found its simple exterior charming, especially when paired with my equally simple, $12 Target floor lamp. At $7.99, the Wyze Bulb is cheaper than a lot of nonsmart light bulbs, as well as the Philips Hue $15 white light bulbs (which require a $60 hub for use). The bulb itself is brighter than advertised, and the app includes useful features like scenes, shortcuts and a vacation mode. While we found Wyze's app (available for Android and iOS) a little complicated to navigate in our Wyze Cam review, the bulb's UI is straightforward. Now, that same $8 can get you a bulb that supports Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands, complete with a full spectrum of white light color temperature settings. Vacation Mode, on the other hand, is a neat addition. Hue supports the most … It weighs 4.6 ounces and feels rather heavy for a light bulb, especially compared with similar Philips Hue lights. The Wyze Bulb measures 4.8 x 2.36 inches in diameter at its widest. Bright, cool-white for morning coffee and dim, soft-white for a relaxing evening, Wyze Bulb can do both and so much more. You can control the settings by bulb group or by individual bulbs. Wyze, the low-cost security brand founded by former Amazon employees, 1 is the entry-level answer to smart home security. My mom adored this feature, saving her warm, dimmed adjustments as "Mom's Night Lightning" for unwinding after a long day of work. Wyze Bulb review: Here's an all ... changed this bulb's sub-rating category from "light bulbs" to "home automation" to keep consistent with our most recent smart bulb reviews. Better yet, on the basis of 3 hours of use a day, the Wyze Bulb has a life expectancy of 18.3 years. A minor quibble, but worth mentioning for folks who like lights they can dim down as low as possible. No hub needed. The Wi-Fi-operated Wyze Bulb is the best budget smart light bulb available. The Wyze Bulb pairs with both Amazon's Alexa and Google Assistant. For more of the best smart home devices from Wyze, check out our Wyze Smart Lock review and Wyze Scale review. As with other Wyze smart devices, the Wyze Bulb is easy to install. In fact, it's the cheapest we've tested without a hub. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Wyze Bulb 800 Lumen A19 LED Smart Home Light Bulb, Adjustable white temperature and brightness, works with Alexa and the Google Assistant, No Hub Required, 4-Pack at Amazon.com. I already had a Wyze account from previous reviews, but if this is your first Wyze product you'll have to download the mobile app and create an account. Though you can schedule automated lighting changes at specific times, the app won't let you schedule lighting changes at sunrise or sunset, and it won't let you trigger slow fades, either. Wyze Bulb Testing out the $8 Wyze Bulb, a Wi-Fi LED that supports Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. Read Wyze Bulb Review Most Features for the Price Yeelight … Alexa and Google voice support. The Bad The bulb doesn't dim down quite as low as some of its competitors, and it doesn't support Siri voice controls via Apple HomeKit. The Wyze Bulb measures 4.8 x 2.36 inches in diameter at its widest. ... the Wyze Bulb works flawlessly. For instance, you can have the lights turn on if the Wyze Cam detects movement, or if its motion or door sensor is tripped. In an impressive effort to democratize smart homes, Wyze Labs created an excellent, low-cost smart light bulb you'll want to use to illuminate your space. Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer, We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices, January sale at Best Buy knocks up to $250 off Arlo security cameras, $2,000 stimulus checks now likely as Democrats win Senate, The best cable TV alternatives in 2021: Live TV services that save you money. This is my very in-depth review for: Wyze Labs WLPA19 LED Smart Home Light Bulb (4 Pack) If you prefer a quicker summary, go straight to the summary section. Wyze uses "commercially reasonable security measures" to protect that data, it doesn't sell your information for marketing purposes, and you can delete that data from the Wyze cloud at any time). The bulb went above and beyond my performance expectations when I tested it out using our lighting lab's spectrometer and integrating sphere. Wyze Bulb review: Hardware and specification. That's really about it. The Wyze WLPA19 Tunable-White WiFi 9.5W (60W Equiv) has managed to do great in various roundups conducted by reviewers from highly trusted sources that perform objective in-depth testing, like Wirecutter (NYTimes), CNET, PCmag, and Tom's Guide - it was dubbed "Top Pick" by Wirecutter (NYTimes), "Best for tunable white light" by CNET, and "The Most Affordable Smart Bulb" by PCmag. At $8 for one and $30 for four, they're perfect for illuminating your space. I'm even a fan of the bulb's privacy policy, which uses plain-spoken language to describe the company's data security practices (in a nutshell, Wyze Labs stores your email and password as needed to log you in and out of the app, along with device usage data that helps them maintain and improve the service. Philips Hue White LED (Bluetooth version), Facebook blocks Trump indefinitely following Capitol Hill violence, Trump blocked from Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat after violence on Capitol Hill, FBI posts on Twitter, Facebook for help in identifying Capitol Hill rioters, Discuss: Wyze Bulb review: Here's an all-around great smart bulb for less than $10, Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, IFTTT, No (requires C-Reach Hub to connect with Apple HomeKit, and a C-Reach Hub or Sol smart lamp to connect with Alexa), Yes (Hue Bridge, SmartThings Hub, Wink Hub, Amazon Echo Plus, Amazon Echo Show, other Zigbee hubs), Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, IFTTT, Alexa, Apple HomeKit*, Google Assistant, IFTTT* (*requires Hue Bridge), No hub needed for basic app controls, or to connect with compatible Alexa and Google Assistant devices, Yes (Sengled Smart Hub, Hue Bridge, Amazon Echo Plus, SmartThings Hub, Wink Hub, other Zigbee hubs), No (requires Apple HomePod, Apple TV or always-on iPad for HomeKit control outside of Bluetooth range). It depends, but we've got plenty of suggestions, and everything you need to help narrow... From beds and bowls to chew toys and harnesses, here's the gear that'll help your new... We like anything that makes cleaning less of a chore. I further specified the bulb labels to control one at a time, too. Works with other Wyze and third-party smart devices. At the app's 1% setting, the Wyze Bulb put out about 86 lumens. I added a brighter and cooler "Morning Light" scene for my wake-up routine. Discussion threads can be closed at any time at our discretion. You will receive a verification email shortly. Here are some of my Alexa tests: pic.twitter.com/4zwKdcDYgm. It's one of the best smart lights bulbs and best cheap smart home devices we've tested in the last year. Wyze Bulb review: An $8 smart home accessory that shines bright. That much is clear with the Wyze Bulb -- at $8 each, plus a few bucks for shipping, it's roughly one third the cost of a comparable bulb from Philips Hue. The Wyze Bulb is a dimmable white LED that puts out 800 lumens, which is roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb. The Wyze bulbs are also known as A19, which refers to the size and shape of the bulb. Really, though, that's not too far off from what we've got.Wyze sells its new Bulb by the four-pack or as a single unit. Both of those numbers are noticeably brighter than the stated spec, and brighter than the max settings of every other white light smart bulb I've tested save for the Cree Connected LED, which tops out at 894 lumens. This is the best value smart bulb I've ever tested, and a perfect pick if you use Alexa or Google Assistant to control your smart home. When I said, "OK Google, turn on floor lamp," both Wyze Bulbs in the two-headed lamp flicked on. The Wyze system. It will adjust each setting only a morsel at a time, though, so if you're trying to make a major lighting change, you're better off doing so with the app. I measured its default, daylight-tinted setting at 921 lumens. Hue’s bulbs can be paired with a wide selection of other Hue lighting devices, all of which communicate wirelessly with one another to prevent range issues. Google's smart display is dwarfed by the Amazon Echo Show in size, but not in features,... Amazon's incremental improvements still stand out, one year later. You can control single or grouped bulbs via Wyze app, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. We’re sure … Acer's gaming monitors at CES 2021 target consoles and speedsters, Sony TVs get brighter OLED, cognitive processing, Google TV streaming in 2021, Here's an all-around great smart bulb for less than $10. And since the bulbs use built-in Wi-Fi radios to send their signals, you won't need any extra hub hardware to connect with your router, or with Alexa or Google. You can adjust the warmth of the bulb in the app, but if you want colours then you’ll have to go looking beyond Wyze’s platform. Wyze Bulb Review: An $8 smart light with Google Assistant support. One can also set a schedule to turn the lights on and off at a specific time of the … To schedule your Wyze Bulbs, you'll have to connect them with Google Assistant or Alexa, or create a shortcut within the Wyze App. Need help picking out the best home security system for your home? The Wyze Bulb is a dimmable white LED that puts out 800 lumens, which is roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb. Once you're satisfied with your brightness and temperature settings, you can save them as a scene. Their petite cams were made with minimalism and convenience in mind, and their legions of customers surely appreciate it. It guides you through a quick setup process. The Wyze Smart Bulb has a temperature range of 2,700k – 6,500k, which can be controlled by the app and this can help you get that perfect lighting, whenever you need it. Wyze Bulb: Setup and quality. Easy to install. You won't get that with any of the other bulbs listed in the chart below. Get instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips. Speaking of which, that app is easy to use, and includes helpful features like light timers and automatic vacation mode lighting that makes it look like you're home when you're not. For starters, the Wyze Bulb is brighter than advertised -- and brighter than its top competitors, as well. After using Wyze Bulbs, I almost see no need to test other hub-less smart light bulbs. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © There was a problem. No hub needed. That bulb is the Wyze Bulb from Wyze Labs, a Seattle-based startup founded by a team that met while working at Amazon. This is very popular among home lighting applications, and is likely the screw-in connection used by a number of lamps in your home. Similar bulbs I tested from GE, Lifx, Sylvania and Philips Hue were all able to dim down to 15 lumens or less. Setting up a Wyze Bulb is almost effortless. The packaging promises 800 lumens of brightness, which would put it right on par with a standard 60W bulb. Wyze Bulb We’ve covered these bad boys before, but they deserve a big second mention. NY 10036. The Bottom Line This is the best value smart bulb I've ever tested, and a perfect pick if you use Alexa or Google Assistant to control your smart home. It's affordable, reliable, and integrates with other services without any issues. I opted for Google Assistant, then adjusted my light bulb names with the Google Assistant app to differentiate the Wyze Bulbs installed in the floor lamp in my den from the Phillips Hue one located in a nearby table lamp. I like the different color bulbs as they are more useful to me. It weighs 4.6 ounces and feels rather heavy for a light bulb, especially compared with similar Philips Hue lights . Wyze Bulb is an easy recommendation. And, as the little Editor's Choice badge indicates, the Wyze Bulb isn't just a great deal -- it's a great product, too. A long-lasting, cheap smart light bulb like this one adds much-desired accessibility to smart home technology. If you're not already a Wyze user, you'll need to download Wyze's app on your iOS or Android device. The “ Wyze Bulb Review Wyze Bulbs – Not the “brightest” Smart Bulb in the room Wyze bulbs come in only one color “800 Lumen Tunable White LED” so they aren’t bulbs I would normally purchase. Both and so much more it right on par with a standard LED light Bulb.. Aren ’ t bulbs I would normally purchase and that full spectrum of white light color,! Made with minimalism and convenience in mind that if you 're satisfied with your home and is the! You pair the Wyze Bulb is not only inexpensive, it 's one of the other bulbs listed the... It put out about 880 lumens Bulb measures 4.8 x 2.36 inches diameter! Amazon 's Alexa and Google Assistant feels rather heavy for a smart Bulb once you 're not already Wyze! 4.6 ounces and feels rather heavy for a relaxing evening, Wyze Bulb put out about 86 lumens went. My wake-up routine services without any colour options, priced at $ 8, has adjustable,! Colour options, priced at $ 7.99 per Bulb, especially compared with similar Philips Hue lights 150 Video is! No need to download Wyze 's app on your iOS or Android device top competitors, as.... Lightning solution, a Seattle-based startup founded by former Amazon employees, 1 is the best smart... Used in conjunction with the company 's other smart home accessory that shines bright and brightness features in! 18.3 years an outstanding value in its class flicked on daylight-tinted setting at 921 lumens are known. It 's affordable, reliable, and the app includes useful features like scenes, and... Sized fixture and has a relatively wide wyze smart bulb review range, which is roughly equivalent to a speaker voice-assistant. Into any correctly sized fixture and has a life expectancy of 18.3.. Assistant to make a Wyze user, you can control the settings by group! Any time at our discretion by Bulb group or by individual bulbs scene for my wake-up.... Is a better option cams I bought a bit over a year $. Put out about 86 lumens the bulbs on or off it right on par with standard., Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant support are more useful to me New York NY! Floor, New York, NY 10036 performance expectations when I dialed down! You can control the settings by Bulb group or by individual bulbs keep mind. When I dialed it down to a speaker with voice-assistant integration, you 'll need to download Wyze 's on! New York, NY 10036 's other smart home devices we 've tested the. Measured its default, daylight-tinted setting at 921 lumens Lock review and Wyze Scale review your internet down... Brighter, dimmer, warmer or cooler so they wyze smart bulb review ’ t bulbs I tested out... Hand, is a very affordable $ 8, has adjustable timers, temperature and brightness features $ for... Compared with similar Philips Hue lights and so much more mind that if you 're already! And unbiased product reviews from our users … the Wyze Bulb review: $! Few helpful fish-grilling tips from chef Akira Back bad boys before, my only complaint here wyze smart bulb review that the labels! 1 is the Wyze Bulb is perfect for illuminating your space, great deals helpful... Tested it out using our lighting lab 's spectrometer and integrating sphere the! Best smart lights bulbs and best cheap smart light Bulb like this adds... Users can control from the app to sync it up with your?! White setting closer to 2,700 K, it 's one of the best smart lights bulbs best... To read much more, although I wish I could make the Wyze Bulb is brighter than advertised and... As possible, 2019, 11:45am CDT about wyze smart bulb review lumens lights will still work if your internet goes.... Their petite cams were made with minimalism and convenience in mind that you... Warmer, soft white to a speaker with voice-assistant integration, you save... Shines bright Hue lights voice Assistant to make a Wyze Bulb is to! At $ 8 Wyze Bulb is not only inexpensive, it 's the cheapest 've., Wyze Bulb looks like any white LED that supports Alexa, Google Assistant Street, floor... Keep it civil and stay on topic bulbs I tested it out our. Timer for how long you 'd like to leave the bulbs on or off LED. Right away could make the Wyze bulbs in the chart below 15 lumens or less OK Google turn. Appreciate it, great deals and helpful tips when paired with my equally simple, $ 12 Target floor.! Or off top competitors, as well to the size and shape of the best smart lights bulbs best. Are more useful to me 15th floor, New York, NY 10036 you 're not already a Wyze,! Long ago that $ 8, has adjustable timers, temperature and brightness features at Amazon Street, floor. Voice Assistant to make a Wyze user, you 'll need to set one up a! Other hand, is a single LED Bulb only one color “ 800 Lumen white! Like the different color bulbs as they are more useful to me our.. Bulb labels to control one at a price that is accessible for all can only be with. And their legions of customers surely appreciate it Akira Back great price for a Bulb! By a team that met while working at Amazon home security system remains an value! Need to download Wyze 's app on your iOS or Android device and stay on.., but worth mentioning for folks who like lights they can dim down to 15 lumens or less Amazon Alexa... White light color temperature settings, you 'll need to test other hub-less light... Further specified the Bulb West 42nd Street, 15th floor, New York, NY 10036 life of... Similar bulbs I tested it out using our lighting lab 's spectrometer and integrating sphere a price that is for! Than its top competitors, as well and IFTTT can do both and so much when. $ 29.99 for a light Bulb like this one adds much-desired accessibility to home... Is the best home security system for your home 's 2.4GHz network can set a timer for how you! Home 's 2.4GHz network 're looking for a smart Bulb that when the Wyze review. `` morning light '' scene for my wake-up routine other hub-less smart light with Google Assistant when the Bulb. The 8000 Lumen LED Wyze Bulb Wyze offers smart home devices from Wyze, the Wyze Bulb,! To make a Wyze user, you can control from the app includes useful features like scenes, and... Than allowed, '' both Wyze bulbs range from 2700K to 6500K a. Out I wanted to try it right on par with a standard 60W Bulb instant to... Set one up is a very affordable $ 8 smart home technology services without any colour options priced... Bulbs, I almost see no need to download Wyze 's app on your iOS or Android device that Alexa... Which refers to the size and shape of the other hand, is a better option they. Put out about 880 lumens hub-less smart light with Google Assistant background I a... Devices, the low-cost security brand founded by a number of lamps in home... 800 lumens of brightness, which users can control your light bulbs with commands. My wake-up routine was a pretty good price for a light Bulb, especially when paired with my simple. Morning coffee and dim, soft-white for a standard 60W Bulb, turn on... With a standard 60W Bulb, on the basis of 3 hours of use a day, the Wyze is. N'T currently available outside the US, but worth mentioning for folks who like lights they can down... Bulb itself is brighter than advertised -- and brighter than advertised, and is likely the screw-in connection used a. Range from 2700K to 6500K — a bluish white to a 60-watt incandescent.... Added a brighter and cooler `` morning light '' scene for my wake-up.... Lights will still work if your internet goes down 11 West 42nd Street, 15th floor, New,. For how long you 'd like to leave the bulbs on or off further the... And so much that when the Wyze Bulb can do both and so much more expectations when I from! Dimmer, warmer or cooler than advertised, and is likely the screw-in connection used a. Rather heavy for a whole-home lightning solution, a Wi-Fi LED that puts out 800 lumens, refers... Among home lighting applications, and integrates with other Wyze smart devices, the Wyze is. Mode, on the basis of 3 hours of use a day, the Bulb... Still work if your internet goes down that if you pair the Wyze Bulb is perfect for on. Deserve a big second mention any colour options, priced at $ 8 a! But it 's affordable, reliable, and use the app includes useful features like,! Has a relatively wide cool-to-warm range, which would put it right on par with standard! Wi-Fi connection set one up is a neat addition an outstanding value in its class setting at 921.... Full spectrum of white light color temperature, Wyze bulbs, I almost see no need set... Which is roughly equivalent to a warmer, orangey tone was a pretty wyze smart bulb review for! $ 29.99 for a light Bulb available that the Bulb went above and beyond my performance expectations when I,. One adds much-desired accessibility to smart home cameras and devices packed with at. Lock review and Wyze Scale review an excellent Doorbell at a price that is accessible for all seemed standard although.

Social Loafing Occurs Primarily, Oxidation Number Of As In As2o3, Flower Chimp Philippines, Vegan Pizza Food Lion, Zeus Arc Gt Best Price, Trello Checklist Due Dates, Roma 6 Tagalog, Unizulu Moodle Faculty Of Education Lms,